Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    woody100 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2005, 10:19 AM
    Spybot & Firefox
    I'm running spybox and the same tracking cookies keep coming back despite by best intentions to get rid of them. My browser is Firefox. I'm also running spyblaster. I've noticed a fix for DSO Exploit in spybot by blocking the product is it safe to do the same with the following? Or is there a better way of getting rid of these cookies

webtrends live
    advertising.com
    adviva
    avenue inc, a
    bfast
    doubleclick
    fastclick
    hitbox
    mediaplex
    valueclix
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jan 22, 2005, 12:10 PM
    Try this:

In firefox:
    Tools->Options->Privacy->Cookies

Click "clear" to get rid of all firefox's cookies.

Make sure "For the originating website only" is selected.

Click Exceptions.
    Type in each of those hated sites, and then click block.

Now run spybot again, to make sure everything is gone.
    This should help a bit...

Alternatively, you can disable cookies entirely, and then use the exceptions dialog to form a whitelist of the sites you want to allow.

~psi42
    woody100 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2005, 12:36 PM
    Thx that seems to have done the trick
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2005, 06:33 AM
    DSO Exploit
    Hi,
    If there is no other way to get rid of the DSO issue, here are steps to do it manually:

The following editing the Registry might me the ONLY way to get rid of DSO Exploit. Be VERY CAREFUL when editing the Registry; your computer might not re-boot. So first, shut down the computer, then turn it back on. Windows will back up your registry for you.
    1. Run the SpyBot scan as usual.
    2. When finished, left click on the + sign to the left of DSO Exploit, to expand it. There may be more than one listing of pathways. If you have more than one listing, you will have to do the same below for each separately.
    3. Left click on one of the "Data Source Object Exploit" to highlight it. Then write down the full path; such as, HKEY_Users/Default/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Internet Settings/Zones/O/1004, etc.
    4. Right click anywhere on the highlighted area, and Left click on "More Details", then on "Jump to Locations". This takes you to the Registry.
    5. Now, keep Left clicking on the + signs to the left of the pathway folders, until you get to the folder 0.
    6. Left click on the folder 0, to highlight it.
    7. On the right hand side, look for 1004 under the heading "Name", and Left click on 1004 to highlight it.
    8. Right click on the highlighted area, and Left click on "Delete", then on "Yes".
    9. At the top, Left click on Registry, and Exit.
    10. Re-boot.

The DSO Exploit should now be gone. Run SpyBot again to prove it to yourself.
    Best wishes,
    fredg

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spybot s&d [ 5 Answers ]

I have just recenlt downloaded spybot s&d onto my girlfriens computer but when you load it up and press 'check for problems' the program stops responding. I have tried this many times and still haven't had any luck. I have also uninstalled it and installed it again but it doesn't seem 2 work. ...

SpyBot [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I use AdAware_SE, which has updates about every week. I also use SpyBot, but it hasn't had any updates for awhile now. Also use Spyware Blaster, with regular updates. Does anyone use a different free program, other than AdAware_SE, and Spyware Blaster, that you find has regular updates? I...

SpyBot [ 5 Answers ]

Windows2000 I have run SpyBot for some while. (I also run AdAware). Spybut used to run a full scan relatively quickly but currently seems to have slowed down - and getting slower. Any help appreciated. GeorgeH.

Spybot [ 1 Answers ]

I ran spybot s&d came up with error during check cabrotor[Datei:C:\windows\winiini Kan nic what does that mean?

Spybot entries [ 4 Answers ]

First I would like to say, "Greetings, and thanks for having me." As of late, I have been bopping in and out of the Registry, I noticed my teenage daughter has a bunch of these Spybot problem entries in her registry that I didn't notice in mine. EZulu, Hotbar are two that come to mind.  I...

View more questions Search