Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catgirl101 Posts: 71, Reputation: 2
    -

Jan 28, 2013, 07:35 PM
    Is it true that Kay jewlery made the diamond cut?
    I saw the "Every kiss begins with Kay" commercial and it says that someone made the diamond cut. Is this true?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 29, 2013, 04:34 AM
    You may have misinterpreted or heard wrong. 'Made the diamond cut' could mean two things, diamonds are the hardest surface on earth, therefore, they can cut; that is why they are used in mining applications. Kays would have had nothing to do with this. Or, 'made the diamond cut' meaning invented the first diamond cut, meaning a very risky procedure of cutting a diamond in the
    Rough into a cultured piece of jewellery, there again, Kays would not have initiated this.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 29, 2013, 04:39 AM
    Diamonds (my favorite jewel ;) ) are mined in an uncut state. To get stones that can fit and are of jewelry quality, they have to be cut from the original stone.

I don't know if Kay employs their own cutters or buys from jewelry whole-sellers.

Curious though, why this matters to you. .
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 29, 2013, 04:44 AM
    OP is 9 years old and asking a ton of questions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Made in japan, hallmark with diamond and KK in it [ 2 Answers ]

We have a brass (what looks like) statuette or egg holder. It is a figurine of either an Egyptian or Indian maiden stretched out lenthways with her hands comprising the holder part of the piece. The underside is stamped "Made in Japan," there is a diamond mark with what looks like a Japanese symbol...

A true encounter that made me lol [ 4 Answers ]

Hope its okay to post this here, but I had to share. I was brazing some copper lines at a customers home the other day and got the torch a little close to a rubber seal on a piece of equiptment. Needless to say it stunk the home up pretty good as the rubber caught fire. The homeowner was...

How do you get your jewlery design idea made? [ 2 Answers ]

I have what I think is a great jewlery design idea but I have no idea:confused: how to create it or tell a jewlery seller about it. Please help me figure out how to do this :)

True diamond [ 3 Answers ]

How can I determine a true diamond? Can it be determined by its brightness with hit by a ray of light?

View more questions Search