Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clellandm Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 03:13 PM
    Moen two handle faucet - no cold water
    Hi all,
    I have a whirlpool tub with a 2 handle Moen faucet that apparently worked fine earlier this week (thinking about it, I have never used this tub since moving in close to 2 years ago!). The problem is the cold water handle only delivers a trickle of water.

I have found the water cut-offs under the tub, and turned the cold off. Removed the handle, removed the large nut, and pulled out what appears to just be an extender, but cannot tell how to remove the white plastic cylinder that lines the trim ring and appears to hold the cartridge in.

So a couple of questions: 1. Am I even looking in the right place? Would a Moen cartridge cause these symptoms? 2. If I'm in the right place, how do I get that cartridge out so I can try replacing it?

I appreciate your help!
    Mark
    ragedigital Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 08:42 PM
    They have tools for removing Moen faucet stems at your local Home Depot or Lowe's.

Mar 19, 2007, 02:15 PM
    They didn't have the tools, so I called Moen this morning and have a new cartridge and a tool on the way. So we'll see what happens when I get that pulled!

Mar 26, 2007, 03:21 PM
    UPDATE - All fixed!

I called Moen, ordered a free replacement cartridge and the all-important tool needed to pull the retainer. The package came Saturday, and it was back to the whirlpool tub and the deep location of the cartridge.

I got it pulled, and nothing seemed to be facing the right way - and there was no stop at the full-on or the full-off position. Seems like someone gave it a mighty twist and got the whole thing mis-aligned so the only water that would sneak out was by accident.

I put the new cartridge in and got it seated (after a minor flood showed there was still a little more depth needed!) and now everything works great!

Thanks for all the help and guidance!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moen: water always coming from shower head when faucet is on. [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I just installed a moen l82839 shower/tub assembly. The problem I am having is that when I turn on the water, just to the tub, water comes from the shower head. The knob that turns on the shower head on the faucet is down, noting is leaking otherwise. I don't know what's wrong. Its like there...

No Hot Water in Shower - Moen Single Handle Faucet [ 38 Answers ]

I've read most of the questions on this website about this matter, but I'm still confused. I pulled off the handle and wall plate. But what do I do after that? I see a small (4 inch approx.) hole in the wall with a "unit" that looks like a cartridge that holds the handle. I can turn it to hot...

Moen one handle , pressure prob. [ 16 Answers ]

Hi, I have a MOEN faucet , ever since I installed it I was never happy with the pressure , now after 8 years it seemed worse so I took it apart to see if the screens were dirty , nothing there , when the handle is not on the flexible hose , I turn on water and I notice that when on the cold side ,...

Cold water handle moves on its own [ 3 Answers ]

Have a two handled faucet in a clawfoot tub. Pressure is fine for both hot and cold, however when the shower is running the cold water knob slowly moves toward the closed position. In otherwords, the handle actually moves on its own. You have to continually open it back up in order to keep your...

Low hot water pressure from kichen faucet only- 1 handle faucet [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. My question is similar to one asked a few posts ago except this is a 1 handle faucet. I plan on maintaining the boiler from now on but I have to fix the flow problem first. I disconnected the hot water supply line to the faucet and the pressure is excellent so I assume the problem is in the...

View more questions Search