Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sirius Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Mar 17, 2007, 03:11 PM
    How old is too old to be an Adult Virgin?
    I believe I have either passed, reached or am reaching that unfortunate benchmark. I am 37 and am still a male virgin. It wasn't so much strict religious morals (though I do have standards) it is more to do with social anxiety and the fact that being physical isn't a big part of my inherent nature.

I am concerned that if I finally break out of my shell and meet a wonderful woman, she will be too weirded out by the fact that I have been a virgin so long and be turned off on any possible intimacy. I don't know of any other guys over 30 and are still virgins, so I am not sure how to explain myself and save face.
    swirlgirl Posts: 74, Reputation: 14

Mar 17, 2007, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius
    I believe I have either passed, reached or am reaching that unfortunate benchmark. I am 37 and am still a male virgin. It wasn't so much strict religious morals (though I do have standards) it is more to do with social anxiety and the fact that being physical isn't a big part of my inherent nature.

I am concerned that if I finally break out of my shell and meet a wonderful woman, she will be too weirded out by the fact that I have been a virgin so long and be turned off on any possible intimacy. I don't know of any other guys over 30 and are still virgins, so I am not sure how to explain myself and save face.
    It is nothing to be ashamed of... your by no means the only 37 yr. old male virgin... Alot of women would be pleased to have a husband that would be virgin on their wedding night! Sex is so over rated in society... it is nice.. but people use it in the wrong ways... also we all are different in the libido area, just as we all like different music, food, etc.
    Hey, I'm a "young" 53 yr. old single female if you ever want to have a penpal just let me know!
    Just a suggestion... you say your not physical... do you like to be hugged? If not you could start there... have some close relatives and/or friends hug you more often and you hug them back? Take care of yourself... I find your situation refreshing and certainly not weird.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2007, 04:09 PM
    No, the person who would be "freaked out" would most certainly not be the person for you anyway.
    tinsign Posts: 275, Reputation: 66

Mar 17, 2007, 04:10 PM
    Since when is it ever too old? Age has nothing to do with your standards and morals.. and there is a woman who would be proud that you have these morals out there waiting for you.
    forreal Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2007, 04:44 PM
    I will be a 37 year old female virgin this year and I know a male virgin in his 50's so you're not alone.
    Me,I'm a still a virgin because I haven't found the right man to give me a commitment ( LT boyfriend or husband.)
    Parajr Posts: 149, Reputation: 21

Mar 17, 2007, 07:31 PM
    To each his own, but I think that it is strange to be thirty-seven and a virgin, but don't let anyone tell you that it is wrong. There is nothing wrong with it. I firmly believe that there is someone for everybody. There is a 37 year old virgin on this very site. It may be rare, but there is hope. Im curious have you masturbated?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2007, 07:43 PM
    Honestly, many many people would be quite opposite. Finding out your still a virgin would be amazing to a lot of people, and considered a real honorable thing. You are never ever to old to still be a virgin. So do not even worry about it and be proud of yourself.

Joe

Mar 17, 2007, 07:45 PM
    There are a lot of adult virgins in the closet.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2007, 07:53 PM
    I was a virgin until I was 28. People could not believe it. Some of the sex o maniacs think and say how the hell did you make it that long. Lol

It is quite easy.

Joe
    MIKE805 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Mar 18, 2007, 10:09 PM
    I'm 31 and still a virgin, last year I met someone and we went out for a few weeks, I also was diagnosed with Social Anxiety and to regular folks it might be difficult to understand the condition, because that seem second nature to us seems impossible. I've always had a tough time meeting and talking to women, I just tend to stay away. I met this girl through some friends and she was very understanding about the whole thing, including the lack of experience from the basics Kissing, talking, etc. well we were finally comfortable with each other and we had it all planned out and two days before the big Day, she got a call and had to return to her native country and we didn't have a chance to go through with it. Now I'm back at square one, so there's others like you, don't feel like you're the only one.

Mar 18, 2007, 10:19 PM
    Mike,

I'm so sorry about your story and don't give up.I'm sure you and Sirius will have luck finding a woman.Me,This virgin woman has given up on men and I'm embracing my singlehood.Introvert,shy,quiet, and Social Anxiety men have brusie my heart enough
    travelgirl74 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2008, 12:59 AM
    Its really nice to see others who are adult virgins. It can be really lonely being an over 30 virgin. You can't relate to other people when they talk about sex and you feel like you have to hide it. I have a fear of intimacy and tend to push people away. I have never had a boyfriend or even been kissed. I sometimes feel that I a meant to be single. I am very independent.
    Thanks everyone for sharing. There should be some kind of support group for older virgins like us, don't you think?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Virgin at 29 [ 24 Answers ]

I'm nearly 29, and am a virgin. However, of late I've been questioning myself whether "waiting" is the way to go. Perhaps it's the way I was brought up, but I've always thought waiting for marriage, which presumably means with the right guy, was what I wanted. I've been in two relationships...

Adult virgin and dating [ 4 Answers ]

Do men have a problem dating adult virgin women over 30?

Virgin again? [ 16 Answers ]

So if someone has lost their virginity is it possible not have sex for a cretain amount of years and be able to get their virginity back, to be able to call themselves a virigin once again? If so how many years?

Virgin and Not [ 14 Answers ]

Hi to all I just wish to share my problem.. I'm 18 and a virgin my boyfriend isn't a virgin.. I can't understand why its bothering me so much.. I feel he did everything with someone else already. I even though of asking if he as always used a condom but I think it might not be that suitable to...

I'm virgin too. [ 20 Answers ]

Hello evrbdy.Im 20 and virgin ,I hate this fact.probably the problem is that smtimes Im shy with girls .to kick away my shyness I've started to smoke hashish,do you think it will help me.if you have any better idea help me

View more questions Search