Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eljanno Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2013, 01:22 PM
    Can I just unplug my gas furnace. I nerver use it. Ever.
    Hello, I have a old Mueller Climatrol Furnace in my home. I have never used it except to test it when I bought my house in 2006. The blower will turn on at will,probably due to a very dirty filter. I use other method's to heat and cool my home so I do not see the need to keep it plugged in and the gas line open.
    Is it safe for me to turn off the gas valve on the unit and unplug it? This should stop the random on/off of the blower. This seems to happen when it is very cold or very hot. I live in San Diego so that is not too often.
    Thank-You
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 28, 2013, 04:25 PM
    Close the gas valve, usually a 1/2" or 3/4" valve right next to the heater, find the breaker that powers the heater and turn it off. That should also shut down the thermostat. No issue from turning it off.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a goodman GDT090-4A gas furnace. The igniter will ignite the gas and the gas w [ 2 Answers ]

The igniter will ignite the gas, and the gas will run for a second or a few seconds and will then cut off. It will continue to cycle like this until it finally will stay on but at times will take forever.

My carrier gas furnace would not light up the pilot burner although sparks and gas is [ 0 Answers ]

My carrier gas furnace would not light up the pilot burner although sparks and gas is present. I've tried to light up the pilot burner with a gas grill light and it works.

How nerver tissues are formed? [ 0 Answers ]

I am doing research about nerver tissues but I always get big pharagraps of writing and the words are always hard. *** can you help me

Gas furnace model guh100AO16 runs cycle but fan stays on untail I unplug it [ 0 Answers ]

Gas furnace model GUH 100AO16 Arcoaire. Furnace runs cycle and heats up to temperature on thermostat but the induction motor does not shut off at the end of cycle which keeps the main fan motor running and blowing cold air. To get this motor to turn off I have to go to the furnace and unplug...

View more questions Search