Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donmbetts Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2013, 09:03 AM
    Ceiling fan troubleshooting
    I have an Avion Ceiling fan that runs on remote only. It has stopped working. I have checked the wall switch, breakers, changed the battery in the remote and still no solution. There were no indications this was going to happen. Can you help me?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jan 28, 2013, 02:35 PM
    Okay, first of all, it does not run off the remote. The remote controls the fan and possibly the light.

Please, verify that the circuit breaker for the fan circuit is in the "ON" on position. Next verify that the fan and light are correctly connected. The best way to do this is to use a VOM and check for the proper voltage at the fan's outlet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan troubleshooting? [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed a new ceiling fan and the lights do not work but the fan does.what have I done wrong?

Ceiling fan troubleshooting [ 1 Answers ]

Myceiling fan made a popping noise then stop working, but the lights still comes on. What can this be?

Ceiling fan troubleshooting [ 4 Answers ]

I just recently installed a 1 yr old monte carlo fan in a new location.  After 1 day, it's humming.  it's controlled by dimmer switch on the wall.  Any suggestions

Ceiling fan troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

The lights on my ceiling fan automatically cycle through rapid flashing to on, then dimming to off, repeat cycle over and over... The remote is transmitting and the fan motor is OK.

Ceiling Fan Troubleshooting [ 6 Answers ]

I just removed one ceiling fan w/light and replaced it with another. The new ceiling fan will not work but the attached light kit does work. They use the same power source, I don't understand what the trouble could be. The fan is a brand new lower end Hunter. Thanks for any ideas.

View more questions Search