Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ralf71177 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2013, 12:13 AM
    Mother daughter relationship
    Hi I am new to this site. I am looking for some advice/insight. I am 31 years old I have no siblings and my dad died when I was 13. It was a massive heart attack totally unexpected we had happy little life my I have been pretty much out of the house since 16 yrs old she has had two men in her life the last has been for 17 yrs and we don't get along. Since he died I have been trying to obtain the mother daughter relationships that I hear about and even witness. You know the best friend, we talk about everything, trust each other, would do anything or tell anything, talks about dresses and hair do's you get it. We have never had that and sometimes our relationship even seems like an obligation or its just the right thing to do. I am getting older and I am wondering if I will ever get that momma daughter thing I am after. If you have any advice/insight I would owe you my life thanks so much
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 28, 2013, 06:37 AM
    I am sure it exists in some families, and in others they don't speak for 15 years. Most fall somewhere in between. I would stop putting a goal as to a certain time and let it develop to the best it will be
    samcreed Posts: 132, Reputation: 18
    -

Jan 28, 2013, 06:58 AM
    I agree with your other answer about giving it some time. Some people have a special bond with each other, like mother/daughter or father/son, etc, and some don't.
    I would stay in contact with her, but please don't push it. Maybe in time it will happen for you. I wish you the best and good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Daughter and mother relationship [ 12 Answers ]

My kids were taken away by cps a very long time ago and it had nothing to do with physical abuse- I got drunk at a mans house and it turned domestic-0 he had prescription drugs on the counter and cps took them!- recently my daughter got back in touch with me. But it seems all she ever wants is...

Boyfriend's mother is dying and affecting the relationship with his daughter [ 4 Answers ]

Okay my boyfriend's mother has been sick from 2007 the same year I got pregnant with his daughter she and I have had outs since then as she told me that my daughter would quote "never be loved or accepted by her or her family" she said my child would be retarded with no shoes or clothes which is...

Mend a mother daughter relationship [ 7 Answers ]

My daughter has been through a lot with her family. I was a binge drinker and dealt with my sons heroin addiction and the other sons epilepsy as best as I could and still support all three children by myself. I wore out and lost everything and started over. My daughter seems to feel she was cast...

Mother, daughter relationship [ 7 Answers ]

My two daughters feel that I was not as good a mother as I should have been and they hold that against me to this day even though both of them are married. I was a single parent, worked two jobs, got an advanced degree and tried to give them the things other kids had. One is an attorney and one...

View more questions Search