Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bluesky1_94015 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2013, 10:04 PM
    I need a name!
    If anybody can help me please... I have pictures of a man that was emailed to me from another person pretending to be him. I need to know who the real person is. How do I find out his name or if the name given to me is really his how can I contact this person.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 27, 2013, 10:05 PM
    It will be nearly impossible to find him. This is done a lot on dating sites and for dating scams.

Jan 27, 2013, 10:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    It will be nearly impossible to find him. This is done a lot on dating sites and for dating scams.
    The other person said he is in the US Air Force. How can I track if he really is a person in the military.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 27, 2013, 10:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky1_94015 View Post
    The other person said he is in the US Air Force. How can I track if he really is a person in the military.
    It would be next to impossible. Maybe another person here will offer a suggestion. Many are in bed for the night, so check back tomorrow.

Jan 27, 2013, 10:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    It would be next to impossible. Maybe another person here will offer a suggestion. Many are in bed for the night, so check back tomorrow.
    Thank you Wondergirl!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 27, 2013, 10:20 PM
    WG is right. It's near impossible to find out the persons identity with just a picture. As for his location, and profession, if he's lying to you about the picture, then he's most likely lying about that as well, so going by that won't really help you either.

The only suggestion I can make is to hire a private investigator, if it's really important for you to find out who this person is.

Jan 27, 2013, 10:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    WG is right. It's near impossible to find out the persons identity with just a picture. As for his location, and profession, if he's lying to you about the picture, then he's most likely lying about that as well, so going by that won't really help you either.

The only suggestion I can make is to hire a private investigator, if it's really important for you to find out who this person is.
    Thank you, Alty!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 27, 2013, 10:24 PM
    With all of the millions of people in the world and on the internet, to find out who this random person is. Chalk it up to experience and move on.

Jan 27, 2013, 10:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    With all of the millions of people in the world and on the internet, to find out who this random person is. Chalk it up to experience and move on.
    Thanks, J_9.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 27, 2013, 10:30 PM
    There is a program on the internet where you can post the picture of the person you're looking for, and it will try to find it for you. The problem is, that picture has to be in their database, and they only cover a very small percentage of what's on the internet, and the second problem is that it would have to be the same picture. Really, finding a needle in a haystack is easier. It really is.

Jan 27, 2013, 10:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    There is a program on the internet where you can post the picture of the person you're looking for, and it will try to find it for you. The problem is, that picture has to be in their database, and they only cover a very small percentage of what's on the internet, and the second problem is that it would have to be the exact same picture. Really, finding a needle in a haystack is easier. It really is.
    Thanks again Alty!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2013, 10:05 AM
    I'm an investigator. If you are willing to spend money to track him down, hire an investigator.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search