Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Waigey2899 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2013, 10:52 PM
    Is a tragus piercing painful?
    I want to get my tragus piercing. I already have my cartilage and 2 on my lobes. My cartilage hurt super bad, and I got it done with a gun. Does the needle hurt worse?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 26, 2013, 10:56 PM
    You're very lucky that your cartilage didn't shatter. You should never ever get your cartilage pierced with a gun. If you're going to get your tragus pierced I would suggest going to a place other than the one that pierced your cartilage, as they aren't professionals, and don't know what they're doing.

As for pain, that really depends on who does the piercing, and your pain tolerance. Each individual is different.
    kiki-k Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2013, 03:34 AM
    I have had my tragus pierced 3 times. And obviously it didn't hurt that much because I went back two more times. Of all my piercings I think it hurt least that's including my second holes with a gun. So if you like it I say do it. Hope this helped :)
    Username_Chris Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2013, 11:10 PM
    No pain no gain. Just make sure you take a couple of shots to numb the pain down a bit. Trust me, it helps. I know.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 12, 2013, 11:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Username_Chris View Post
    No pain no gain. Just make sure you take a couple of shots to numb the pain down a bit. Trust me, it helps. I know.
    Shots of what?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 14, 2013, 09:21 AM
    Yes, shots of what? This could be teeny bopper wanting this information, so this comment is not appropriate in any way, even if we don't know how old the OP is.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2013, 10:12 AM
    Undoubtedly shots of alcohol - save us all from newbies!
    sashaajadee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2013, 11:53 AM
    I got my left tragus pierced last Monday and it was so much less painful than I expected! I watched many vids on yt to make me aware which really helped and I went to a professional tattooist and piercer. They steralise all equiptment and mine was done very quickly. I felt a sharp pain but this was over very quickly and I am glad I got it done! Worth it! I love it and it gives me no grief except if I pull it or catch it by accident. Definitely get it done. Hope this helps. S x
    MadJoy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2013, 11:03 AM
    Please use a needle. It's safer, and so much less painful. Trust me. As for the piercing, I also have my helix ("cartilage") pierced as well as my tragus. My helix piercing didn't hurt at all. I didn't even feel the needle go in! As for my tragus piercing, it hurt like hell. It was pretty bad, but even then it was over in seconds. Honestly, it's totally different for everyone and no matter how long you search for an answer, you won't know how bad it will hurt YOU until you actually get it done. Go for it! Piercings are fun!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does a Tragus piercing hurt more than a cartilage piercing? [ 5 Answers ]

I'm dying to get my Tragus pierced ! I have a cartilage peircing and honestly it was just a little Pinch 1-10 on pane scale 10 being most I would say 3-4 but I'm really scared to get my Tragus pierced does it hurt worse than the cartilage piercing ?

Tragus piercing [ 5 Answers ]

Does it hurt? How much did it cost? Does it get infected? Age?

Tragus Piercing [ 1 Answers ]

I've had my Tragus pieced for 6 weeks today , would it be okay to take it out without it closing so I can clean it right? Help? Or should I wait till I've had it for 8 weeks?

Is the tragus piercing painful? [ 4 Answers ]

So, for christmas my father is letting me get a piercing so I did a little reseach, and I picked the tragus. I am 14 years old and I have has my belly piercing. And I have three lobe piercings. Would you say that this piercing hurts somewhere in between or more or less? Thanks!!

Why do you have to be 18 to get a tragus piercing in the uk? [ 3 Answers ]

Is it because your tragus might grow or its not thick enough or just because you need your parents agreement at an age younger than 18?

View more questions Search