Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jan 26, 2013, 09:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tinalalli View Post
    When a woman becomes pregnant, the fertilized egg attaches to the uterine wall. At about five to six weeks of pregnancy, an embryo should be present. At about this time, the gestational sac -- where the fetus develops -- is about 18 millimeters wide. With a blighted ovum, though, the pregnancy sac forms and grows, but the embryo does not develop. That's why a blighted ovum is also called an anembryonic pregnancy.
    Yes, and the hormone levels are increasing during this time.
    tinalalli Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2013, 09:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    She apparently is at work now, but I know she checks in from time to time. I PMed her for her expert advice.
    Thank you I can't wait to check this to see what your guys opinion is just so I don't make a bad decision because I feel like I'm fine. But maybe I could use your information and other information I have gathered to make a decision. On my safety and see if you guys think it could just be to early or hiding or something no pain no bleeding
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jan 26, 2013, 09:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tinalalli View Post
    Thank you i can't wait to check this to see what your guys opinion is just so i dont make a bad decision because i feel like im fine. but maybe i could use ur information and other information i have gathered to make a decision. On my safety and see if you guys think it could just be to early or hiding or something no pain no bleeding
    She is great and will be able to help. Good luck and make sure you take care of yourself!

Jan 26, 2013, 09:17 PM
    Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 26, 2013, 09:47 PM
    When you had your ultrasound was it transvaginal? Did you have a full bladder?

If you didn't have a full bladder then it is possible that the ultrasound is not correct.

This early on a full bladder is necessary to detect a gestational sac.

Jan 27, 2013, 06:07 AM
    My first one was a full blatter but with a machine that wasn't great then I had one at the hospital they did one outside belly and said my blatter wasn't full and made me go empty my blatter all the way and did the inside my body one

Jan 27, 2013, 06:08 AM
    I was already at the hospital for hours and they wasn't lettting me drink or eat or my blatter would have been full

Jan 27, 2013, 06:11 AM
    So thing can be fine I feel fine I think if there was a problem wouldn't I be the first to know
    Expert

Jan 27, 2013, 06:22 AM
    Please tell me again how far along you are?

Jan 27, 2013, 06:25 AM
    My last period was 12/12/12

Jan 27, 2013, 06:26 AM
    Not far along because couldn't I have droped an egg at a diff time than I was suppose to and they are over reacting and I don't want to take pills to end my pregnancy because I don't think there is a problem
    Expert

Jan 27, 2013, 06:30 AM
    So you would be around 6 weeks, give or take two weeks. It would be too early for a heartbeat, and maybe even too early to see a sac or festal pole. Heck, most women don't even know they are pregnant this early.

The best ultrasouns results come between the 9th and 12th weeks.

If I were you I would revisit this with your doctor in another couple of weeks.

Jan 27, 2013, 06:35 AM
    I will be 6 weeks on when is what they said according to my last period but I could be less along I think thank they think and they are just over doing it and I will start showing up onscanns later I don't know I'm just thinking if I'm not in pain or not bleeding no discharge that the pregnancy is fine because people go with out knowing they are pregnant for a while even longer than me and not seeing a doctor just the doctor are talking about pills to kill the pregnancy why I am reluctant to just say yes I want to know as much as I can know

Jan 27, 2013, 06:42 AM
    I have a schedualed ultra sound on the 6th of feb just to look at the embryo for this parent program I'm going to avoid the doctors that have confused me and try to see anouther doctor because it didn't make sense to me. I actually am trying to get in to a specific ob because I have had a c section and have a big inscion scar about 8 inches long going down the left side of my belly and then the c section scar to try for a vaginal birth so that the baby's lungs might be better. My baby I had c section dyed from lung problems I was readingt hat studys show that c sections baby's have more lung problems
    Expert

Jan 27, 2013, 06:44 AM
    I would be reluctant to take those pills as well. Remember that this is your health and you have the right to refuse them.

My advice, as a nurse, is to wait another two to three weeks. If you haven't miscarried by the, another scan should be repeated at that time.

Jan 27, 2013, 06:56 AM
    Thank you for your advice and opinion on my situation that is how I was feeling to
    Expert

Jan 27, 2013, 07:00 AM
    May I ask your location?

Jan 27, 2013, 07:31 AM
    Toledo Ohio
    Expert

Jan 27, 2013, 07:31 AM
    I actually am trying to get in to a specific ob because I have had a c section and have a big inscion scar about 8 inches long going down the left side of my belly and then the c section scar to try for a vaginal birth so that the baby's lungs might be better. My baby I had c section dyed from lung problems I was readingt hat studys show that c sections baby's have more lung problems
    What was the scar on the left side of your abdomen for? What kind of surgery? The C-Section scar, is it from left to right or up and down?

I want to say that I am sorry for your loss, but I doubt that the C-Section was the cause of the death. How far along were you in that pregnancy when you had the C-Section?

Typically, in most areas, once you have a C-Section you always have a C-Section. The reason is that the doctors don't want to risk a uterine rupture at the incision site. It is less risky for you. We can't have a healthy baby if we don't have a healthy mother.

Jan 27, 2013, 07:35 AM
    I'm from Maine so my last pregnancys was in Maine they just have u caqll then they set an appointment for 2 or 3 minths later and send a scrip to the pharmacy for vitamins here it was strange to me

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When can you see the baby in the uterus? [ 6 Answers ]

I just went for another altersound and I am 4 weeks and the doc still did not see anything and they even did the prob the one they stick up u? When can you see the baby in the altersound? Have you ever heard of someone having a altersound at 4 weeks and not seeing the baby? And the baby being OK? I...

When does the baby move from my uterus up into my stomach? [ 3 Answers ]

What happens when I reach 12weeks? Does it make my baby safe then?

Contraction-like cramps, hard uterus, split uterus.. [ 0 Answers ]

I have a split uterus, so it is always tough to tell if I am pregnant, as I can still get normal periods, and have before. Right now, I have extremely swollen breasts, with visible blue veins. I've had this for about 3-4 months now. The past few days, I've been getting suddenly sick. But as soon...

2 uterus, cervix & vagina. How can I have sex via right vagina & implant left uterus? [ 1 Answers ]

2 separate uterus, cervix & vagina. How can I have sex via right vagina & implant left uterus?

View more questions Search