Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    redrocker652002 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2013, 10:17 AM
    Whirlpool microwave is not heating food
    All the other operations work, light goes on, turntable spins, fan works, keypad works. I leave a pyrex glas of water in the over and turn it on for 2 minutes and no heat at all. I have had the oven for about 3 years now and wonder if it is worth it to try and fix or just buy a new one. I am OK with fixing stuff, but I have read on other sites that if you don't know what you are doing this could be dangerous.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dino
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2013, 11:21 PM
    They have safeties that will blow when it's dirty. You will need a meter to find it.

Jan 27, 2013, 08:21 PM
    Huh? I don't understand your answer.
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2013, 09:09 AM
    You have to have a meter and know how to use it. You can then fix it for a few dollars. If you cannot use a meter you will not be able to fix most appliances. Safety switches are devices that open when a certain limit is reached; in your case it's temperature and amperage that opens the safety. To know whether it's open or not you need a meter, unless you are a "parts changer" that randomly replaces parts in the hopes that it will work (It usually does not.). Here is a manual: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8010163/How...e%20Manual.pdf

Jan 28, 2013, 06:13 PM
    OK, I have a meter and am not a pro, but with a little guidance I could probably at least be able to check some of it. My next question would be where do I start checking? Do I need to keep the microwave plugged in? If you can give me some details on how to do this and what I should be looking for that would be helpful. I am usually a "parts changer", but would like to try and fix this without going and spending the money on a new unit. At the very least give it the old "college try". If I am asking too much, that is fine, but I am hoping that you can expand on this a little more to get me a little more educated.

Thanks for your time.
    Ultra Member

Jan 29, 2013, 07:30 AM
    I would trace it through the timer from the plug. Start at the plug prongs and move through it until you find the break. All are different.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool GH7155XKB Microwave [ 2 Answers ]

:mad: My microwave has just stopped working after getting quite hot. I do not get any lights or electrical responses, It's deader than a door nail. I have replaced the fuse 3 times. Still no electric. It looks like a transformer might be burned out. The wires are crispy on the outbound side...

Whirlpool microwave removal? [ 1 Answers ]

We are trying to remove Whirlpool microwave model MH7140XFZ/year 1999 from the wall brackets. Is it some trick, because we can not get it from those brackets? Can you please help us?

Whirlpool microwave removal [ 2 Answers ]

I need to remove an old whirlpool microwave, Model MH6700XM-0, vintage 1986, from under a cabinet over the range. There are no bolts in the bottom of the cabinet. I can see the bottom of the back plate where the bottom of the microwave hooks onto the bottom of the backplate, but there does not...

Whirlpool Microwave won't heat food [ 1 Answers ]

Whirlpool Microwave above Stove won't heat food

View more questions Search