Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ria barnes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2013, 06:04 AM
    My mum?
    My mum is a single mum. I don't see my dad often. I suffer from emotional abuse and my mum often hits me.

She makes me have no friends, to feel alone, and forgotten about I am 12, and they tell me horrible stories about care homes. I don't know what to do. I don't want to go because of the stories but I can't put up with it. My name is ria and this is my story
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 26, 2013, 06:08 AM
    Hi ria... you can't just put yourself in foster care. Social Services would have to, and it wouldn't be for emotional abuse, it would be for physical abuse. You may regret it too, as you have been warned.
    So tell us more about how she stops you from having friends? Friends are going to have to be your family now, and as you become a teen, and later as an adult.
    I'm sorry your mother is tough on you. Mine was too. But I had a sweet dad.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 26, 2013, 06:21 AM
    If you are being abused, hit, you need to tell a teacher at school.
    JARIXA Posts: 95, Reputation: 3

Jan 27, 2013, 12:12 AM
    As a foster child I have had experience with this. What you need to do is tell an adult I'm pretty sure if you tell them the exact truth they will tell DCF. BUT fair warning even though it is bad living with your mother you will most likely miss her or you beloved. You might not like who you live with what school you go to or where you live. But as you get older your decision will dawn on you and you can get very stressed out which will highly effect you and others around you...

Do you have other siblings or is it just you? :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for my mum [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking for my birth mother. I haven't seen her in over 10 years. I have her address but don't know if she is still living there. Her married name is Elizabeth Friday but her maiden name is Elizabeth Gillespie. That's all I know about her, could you please help me find her.

How to tell my mum? [ 13 Answers ]

I just got a boyfriend! :)! Im 12 and only one person knows - someone I have known for a long time who is 19. She said I should tell my mum and she would be happy about it! Ive never told her about previous boyfriends - they were not that serious. I think this one is though. Should I tell her? Or...

Will my mum need help? [ 3 Answers ]

I think my mum's mentality has gone completely out of hand. She hates my Dad and screams at me. I sometimes just literally feel like punching her in the face,but part of me tells me that I shouldn't be thinking things like that. But I can't help it, it's what comes naturally to me. My dad just...

Is my mum OK [ 2 Answers ]

Could you please tell me anything that my mother would like to tell us. We are all missing here dreadfully.

View more questions Search