Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mustangman67 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 25, 2013, 02:49 PM
    I like a girl that is 13 and I am 16, never felt this way before, is this wrong?
    I like my dad's girlfriends daughter who is 13 and I am 16 and they keep telling me I can't feel like this for her but she seems to act like she likes me and I mostly just want to know if it is wrong. I have never felt this way for a girl before and I don't want anything sexual for now as I am a christian and want to wait till marriage but I also want to know if it is legal in Washington? Again is it wrong?
    Mustangman67 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jan 25, 2013, 02:50 PM
    Oh and currently me and my dad are living with them
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 25, 2013, 09:03 PM
    You do not need to date a 13 year old, that is first just too young to date, latter on, the age difference will not matter as much, but now it does
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 25, 2013, 11:29 PM
    Does you dad and his girl friend know about this? I'm sure they don't. This girl is too young to date and it would be inappropriate considering you are living there. How long has this been going on? I'm thinking this is just hormones and the fact that you are living in a place with her.
    Kat89007 Posts: 50, Reputation: 3

Jan 30, 2013, 04:00 PM
    I don't agree that she is 'to young to date'.. how can you tell that... she could be mature enough and ready for a boyfriend but even if this is true I don't think you should date her seeing as you live together and it is most likely hormones and if it goes wrong it will leed to very awkward events... good luck whatver you decvide to do
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2013, 04:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat89007 View Post
    i dont agree that she is 'to young to date'..how can you tell that....she could be mature enough and ready for a boyfriend but even if this is true i dont think you should date her seeing as you live together and it is most likely hormones and if it goes wrong it will leed to very awkward events...message me if need more help.....good luck whatver u decvide to do
    I'm guessing this response comes from another teenager. 13 is definitely, no question about it, iron clad TOO YOUNG to date. Absolutely. And living in the same house makes it additionally important. Your relationship with this young lady should be along the line of step siblings, not a dating couple.

It's good you like her but you need to find a girlfriend your own age, who is not part of your household.

If you date this girl, the responsibility for doing totally the wrong thing falls on you. Even if she thinks or acts like she has a crush on you, you are the much older kid here and it falls on you to be clear that it's not going to happen. If you do anything at all to encourage her, you are taking advantage of her which is wrong.

It is good you don't want a sexual relationship. If you changed your mind though, by the time you are 17 you could be charged with statutory rape and could be labelled a sex offender for life. It's not worth it.

My advice is to avoid time alone with this young girl, and find yourself a girlfriend your own age.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 30, 2013, 07:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat89007 View Post
    i dont agree that she is 'to young to date'..how can you tell that....she could be mature enough and ready for a boyfriend but even if this is true i dont think you should date her seeing as you live together and it is most likely hormones and if it goes wrong it will leed to very awkward events...message me if need more help.....good luck whatver u decvide to do
    Let me ask you the same question. How can YOU tell? I'm sorry but I don't believe any 13 yr old is ready for the emotional issues that come with dating. The media is forcing our children to grow up too soon.
    daydream44 Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Feb 5, 2013, 10:55 PM
    13 and 16.. not such a good age difference. You have completely different maturity levels and experiences.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In love with a wrong girl? Am I being used? Please help [ 15 Answers ]

hi, I'm new to this forum and I wuld really use your help please.. OK so I have been wrkn with this girl fr about an year and she's really cute talks a lot and I love listening to random stuff she says. From my point of view v get along well as far as ven v are together and v are friends at this...

Shouders felt heavy, neck felt been pressed, fingers shaking automatically , WHY ? [ 1 Answers ]

My niece recently felt her neck been pressed (but actually nobody nearby ), and her shoulders felt heavy, as if there is some heavy loads on her shoulders. Sometimes fingers of her right palm shake automatically... What's wrong with her ?

Got a wrong feeling from a girl [ 7 Answers ]

So I came across this forum when I was searching for "why girls are so complicated" on Google... yeah I had a really bad day today and really needed advice, I hope you guys can give me some feedback on that! So a little bit history of myself: I'm 18, a college student right now. Nothing...

Right Girl Wrong time [ 9 Answers ]

Hi All Recently started dating a guy about 3 months ago. I wouldn't call him a boyfriend or anything. However, I have fallen for him big style and we have continued to see each other from time to time. The only problem is that it is usually Alcohol related. I have told him that I would like to...

View more questions Search