Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miketctlane Posts: 37, Reputation: 2

Jan 24, 2013, 11:55 AM
    Domain name, What's next?
    I want to create a website and I just bought this domain name. What's next after that?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 24, 2013, 12:07 PM
    So you bought a domain name with absolutely no idea on how to actually create a website? I don't think that anyone here is going to be able to walk you step by step through the process of building a site. Maybe you need to hire someone that specializes in doing this.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2013, 12:08 PM
    What's next? Create the website and find a web host.

Jan 24, 2013, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    So you bought a domain name with absolutely no idea on how to actually create a website? I don't think that anyone here is going to be able to walk you step by step through the process of building a site. Maybe you need to hire someone that specializes in doing this.
    I bought the name to push/motivate myself to create one but any ways I wanted to use word press to create the site. Any ideas?

Jan 24, 2013, 12:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    What's next? Create the website and find a web host.
    I wanted to use word press to create the site though
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 24, 2013, 12:33 PM
    Lots of info online:
    Using Wordpress to create a website
    isha23 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2013, 02:13 AM
    After buying domain you also need to buy hosting service , hosting service will provide you space on which you are going to host your website. Once you will buy hosting server you need to upload the name servers of your hosting server to your domain. After that you have to start working on the website like if you want to create website on word press , you have to install wordpress on your domain.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 20, 2013, 03:18 AM
    Or did you buy the domain name though a hosting service ( this is more common)
    waldo77 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2013, 09:11 AM
    Where did you buy the domain ? Often times they offer hosting too. Call their customer service and let them know what you want to do.

If you created a username and password at wherever you bought the domain from , log in and buy hosting if they offer that.
    vksheilds Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2013, 03:55 AM
    There are few free online site builder and you don't need lot of technical requirement but possible it will take too much time and every thing will get hitch pooch so just go with web solutions websites, here you can make some research on getting affordable services providers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Replication between main domain & child domain [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I have 2k8 R2 domain now I am to add one new child domain... my question is weather user&groups replication will be there?

View more questions Search