Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mo1975b Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2013, 05:45 PM
    Install dimmer swich to fluresent light with 3 wire ballast
    Ihave installed 2 dimmer swiches to room that has 2 8' light each one has a 2lamps ballast total of 4 lamps per fixture.the . It'S 2 SONGLE SWICH I hooked the ballast brown to black gray to white and orange to hot dim
    Bouth swiches are sharing the costant hot
    What hapend is each swich is controlling one light and dimme only when I have one on and one off but when I toirn bouth on bouth stop dimming
    Just to mentien there is occupensy sensor
    Please if some have any idea pf what cause this issue
    Thank you
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jan 23, 2013, 07:25 PM
    Questions:
    Are they dimming ballasts?
    If so what is the make and model number of the ballasts and dimmers?
    Where are you located?
    mo1975b Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2013, 09:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stanfortyman View Post
    Questions:
    Are they dimming ballasts?
    If so what is the make and model number of the ballasts and dimmers?
    Where are you located?
    Yes they are dimming ballast
    It's lutron hi-lume a series 3 wire
    Do u think power pack for the motion sensor has some think to do with issue because that' s the only think that connect bouth lights other than a feed .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Three wire feed into a flluorescent light with only a two wire ballast [ 1 Answers ]

I'm hooking up a new 8ft fluorescent light fixture to replace the old 12ft fixture. The feed BX wire feed has a 3 wire as it in series with wall receptacles, but operates off one switch. How should I tie in the red wire

I have install 3 flurocent light on 2 live wire with 1 swich it causes electric breke [ 0 Answers ]

I have install 3 flurocent light on 2 live wire with 1 swich it causes electric breker to go on and lights goes off.pl help

How do I wire a lutron fan/light dimmer switch [ 2 Answers ]

How do I wire a Lutron Maestro Fan/Light dimmer swicth?

Trying to install a Lutron Maestro Fan/Light dimmer switch with a CD52 ceiling fan [ 2 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I'm trying to find the wiring diagram for my ceiling fan but I'm not having any luck, best I could find is this forum. I've got the lutron MA-LFQ-3 kit which has a fan control canopy module and a master/slave light/fan dimming combo. I have the fan apart and it has a molex...

View more questions Search