Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AdrianCavinder Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2013, 04:14 PM
    What is the correct word in the poem 'My Parents'?
    In Stephen Spender's poem, 'My Parents', the fourth line of the first stanza is written as 'And climbed cliffs and tripped by country streams' in the CIE approved book Songs of Ourselves. However, I have found many other incidences where 'tripped' had been replaced by 'stripped'. Could someone confirm the correct wording please? I have checked online and it is still unclear. Thanks. Adrian.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 23, 2013, 04:33 PM
    Here's the author reading his poem --

Stephen Spender "My Parents Kept Me From Children Who Were Rough" Poem animation - YouTube

So, "stripping" as in taking off clothes to splash in the creek.
    AdrianCavinder Posts: 55, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2013, 05:56 PM
    Thanks so much. I must have missed the reading by him. Fantastic. Appreciate the prompt response.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Find a poem by word content? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi does anyone know of a war poem containg the words " three rows of peas followed by three rows of beans", though peas And beans mey be transposed? Many thanks

Correct word [ 1 Answers ]

Which is correct.. Could you be my girl or would you be my girl

Correct use of a word? [ 2 Answers ]

Is this the correct use of the word programmatic? I have run into a programmatic problem with your computer software. >Moved from Forum Help<

Correct word use [ 3 Answers ]

Incorrect: It is essential that you are on time. Correct: It is essential that you be on time. Incorrect: He suggested that we should meet at the train. Correct: He suggested that we meet ate the train. Please can you tell me what is the logic behind using "be" instead of "are" in the first...

I need the critical appreciation of the poem the daffodils by william word [ 2 Answers ]

I need it for a project in school and I don't have a clue

View more questions Search