Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ErikG Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2013, 09:57 AM
    Name of movie: big bell hits an old russian woman
    I am looking for the name of a movie made in Russia or the Ukraine, or maybe the Soviet Union. I saw it around 2001; unclear how old it is.

There is a family that lives in an apartment, including the daughter who never helps out. The grandmother is old and infirm, and rings a big bell when she needs things.

The movie ends with the old woman ringing the bell, and it falls on her. Weirdly, it doesn't hurt her, and she is able to get out of bed, and she walks to the other room to see her family. Oddly again, they are not that glad to see her improving.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jan 23, 2013, 02:52 PM
    Check the fourth page (page 58) of this link. Does it help?
    Long shot I admit.
    Added link: http://www.academia.edu/241629/_The_..._of_Maternity_
    ErikG Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2013, 09:49 AM
    Yes, that's very helpful, thanks. This led me to Rebro Adama/ Adam's Rib, based on the book House of Women. Made in the Soviet Union, shown with subtitles, a little older than I had thought.

Rebro Adama (1991) - IMDb
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2013, 10:06 AM
    I spent some time in Russia (3 weeks on a mission trip) and have some interest in the history and customs. I might check that out myself. Do you remember how or where you discovered it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Movie - School boy bike hits married woman's garage door [ 4 Answers ]

In about the 70s I saw a movie in which a school boy or student had a relationship with a married woman. He would ride his bike to her house after school. She watched from window and opened the garage door for him. The husband found out and next time he came the garage door did not open and he...

Is a russian woman aloud to stay in Scotland? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a friend who is just had a baby with a british man who lives in Glasgow. She is from Russia. I s she aloud to stay here?

View more questions Search