Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noonie1970 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 08:05 AM
    Highlights Gone Bad
    My Friend gave me highlights and it looks bad... What can I do to get my natural color back. I have heard of Color Zap by L'Oreal. Does it really work and is it safe to do this right after I got the highlights.:confused:
    luv2binluv05 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 09:15 AM
    I would go get a rinse of your natural hair color done and just to be safe get it done professionally by a hair dresser. I have really weak hair and one time I wanted honey brown highlights and me and my roommate picked up a box that looked like it and it turned out to be COPPER! Which totally suxed so the next day I went to a salon and she put a color rinse of my natural color in and it looked good as new, plus its less than 100, if you have that to spare. Good luck hun!
    shannonoleyar Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2007, 11:14 PM
    Did you do hightlights (taking hair lighter than your natural color) or low lights (adding darker color than your natural hair. If you went lighter, then you bleached your hair and nothing can undo that except to dye over it. If you went darker, then those "washes or color zap" may help. Please call a salon and tell them what happened... before you get chemical burns on your scalp. Most hair dyes are safe and if you follow the directions, it usually doesn't cause burns. Be careful w/ anything that lightens your hair because it damages it. Anything that dyes it darker usually "stains" your hair that color. I hope that makes sense. If money is tight, see if there is a local beauty college in your area. The sytlist are still in school and they do coloring, etc at a much lower cost. They are supervised as well. Good luck!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 18, 2007, 10:02 AM
    In order to help you, I will need some information. Can you please tell me what your natural hair color is? And, what color are your recent highlights?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Highlights gone wrong [ 3 Answers ]

I used a garnier at home highlighting kit I choose the right colour for my hair but the highlights have come out blonde when I have dark hair I hate it is there anyway I can get rid of it with out redying? Sarah

Bad luck, bad karma, or bad self-esteem? [ 5 Answers ]

I recently heard once again a comment I've heard many, MANY times over the past several years: "You and your husband have worse luck than anyone else I know!" and I have one question: "Why is that?" You see, just about the time we get to the point we can manage to keep up on all our monthly...

Fading highlights [ 1 Answers ]

Hey! I have naturally medium brown hair and I've been highlight my hair blonde for the last year. My hair dresser gave me full highlights the last two times. I really want to fade the highlights and go back to my original hair color. I did dye it brown last year but it didn't look right because it...

Highlights [ 2 Answers ]

:( I Want To Know How Can I Get Really Blond Highlights(white) Every Time I Do Highlights They Are More Yellow Blond Than Whitewithout Damaging The Hair As Much? What Tonner Should I Use.

Highlights question [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I have naturally dark brown hair and about a month ago I got caramel/blonde colored highlights put in it. I'm now tired of it and was wondering if there was anything I could use/do to make the color fade out faster. Thanks!

View more questions Search