Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VAmom23 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2013, 08:13 AM
    Can a company in VA hold your paycheck for financial reasons?
    What is the rule in Virginia? My husband's company claimed they're not having a stellar month financially, so they're holding all manager's paychecks. Is this legal?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 23, 2013, 09:04 AM
    No, you can't stop paying people because times are rough. http://www.employmentlawhandbook.com.../Virginia.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my employer take my paycheck for damages to his company vehicle? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband is an OTR Driver on the east coast. While driving, another tractor trailor spit up a big chunk of tire remnant into my husbands lane. He had no time to react & ran over it causing over $1000.00 in damages to his employers vehicle. His employer is based out of Milford, PA but we live in...

Leaving company (hold expired L1B visa). Company is asking passport for cancelation [ 0 Answers ]

I am laving my company and I hold expired L1B visa now company is asking my passport for cancellation of L1 B, not sure why they are asking my passport for cancelling an expired visa also for me it is very difficult as my next employer want me to sent onsite. Please suggest do I really need to...

How long can an employer hold a paycheck [ 1 Answers ]

My husband employer never makes payroll on time. They work all week and then on payday they can't make payroll. They are always waiting for that big check. Then when the check comes in the office manager (The son of the boss) spends it and the employees don't get paid. He is now over two weeks...

When can a company deny you your paycheck? [ 6 Answers ]

My wife was a Store Manager at a local Super10 Store in Norfolk, VA. She gave her two weeks notice prior to terminating her employment on Feb 1st. On her last day she informed her boss that she lost the backup set of keys to the store. Can her boss withhold her last paycheck for a lost set of...

Financial statements to review/financial health of a company [ 0 Answers ]

Reviewing the company's balance sheet, which entries should be analysied To determine the financial health of a company?:confused: :confused: :confused:

View more questions Search