Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cocopepper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2013, 07:08 AM
    Free ask an accountant
    I work for a non-profit company who administers health insurance and wellness programs. The wellness programs offer cash incentives to all members (external and internal) for exercising, health education programs, completing a health survey etc. In the last paycheck of the year my employer includes the total amount of wellness incentives paid to the employees throughout the year and we are taxed on those amounts. The wellness programs are a result of our insurance benefit and they are not a "company" benefit as they are not listed or mentioned in the employee handbook. Therefore, should the employees be taxed on those wellness incentives? The external members who receive the same benefit do not get taxed, but we as internal members (because we work for the company that administers these programs) are taxed. Please offer some insight to this issue as it is the second year in a row that this has occurred. Thank you so much!

Check out some similar questions!

Ask an accountant free [ 8 Answers ]

Guy's What are the current ATO rules for a mum & dad investor who use the equity from their joint family home asset (eg $50k) to purchase managed share funds, however, the managed funds are in Dads name only. Can Dad claim the total interest expense even though the home equity loan is in...

Ask an accountant free? [ 0 Answers ]

I am trying to figure out a formula on how to bill multiple companies for our consulting employees: I am billing separately for days, weeks, and months, as the consulting agents will be doing various tasks... Based on the annual costs of the consulting agent and their 3 weeks paid vacation time......

Ask an accountant free? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a rollover 401k from a prior job that is completely separate from my current work 401k. I would like to use the money from the prior rollover 401k for a down payment on a house. Can I take the entire amount? I know there will be a penalty plus taxes and am willing to pay that. I know that a...

Free question to accountant? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I give a check to an employee who has been hurt in an accident without running it through payroll

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.