Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pokerking12577 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2013, 08:52 PM
    Accounting journal entries
    Hrabik Corporation issued $600,000, 9%, 10-year bonds on January 1, 2011, for $562,613. This price resulted in an effective-interest rate of 10% on the bonds. Interest is payable semiannually on July 1 and January 1. Hrabik uses the effective-interest method to amortize bond premium or discount.
    Prepare the journal entries to record the following.

The issuance of the bonds

The payment of interest and the discount amortization on July 1, 2011, assuming that interest was not accrued on June 30

The accrual of interest and the discount amortization on December 31, 2011. (For multiple debit/credit entries, list amounts from largest to smallest e.g. 10, 5, 3, 2.)

Check out some similar questions!

Accounting help with journal entries [ 1 Answers ]

1. January 2: Mr. Burns sold 100,000 shares of common stock @ $10. The stock had a par value of $8 2. January 5: Mr. Burns collected $20,000 of prior accounts receivables by acquiring help from Fat Tony and the Mob. 3. January 5: Mr. Burns issued a bond (new bond) to raise the needed...

Journal entries in Accounting [ 1 Answers ]

What is the correct journal entry for stagnant checks?

I need help with accounting journal entries [ 1 Answers ]

How would you record journal entries for the following: 1. sold shoes on account to judy for $6,000. Cost of the shoes sold is $4,400 2. paid salaries to employees for the first month, $2000 3. sold shoes to a chemical factory for $66,000 cash. Cost of the shoes sold is $38,500. 4. some shoes...

How to do journal entries in accounting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a balance of $450 debit-prepaid insurance. The insurance policy is dated December 1; the monthly insurance cost is $50. I have a balance of $20,000-cameras. The cameras were purchased January 1, 2007. The estimated life is five years. The balance of unearned revenue before adjusting...

Accounting journal entries [ 1 Answers ]

How to make a journal entry for an error

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.