Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Omnrecamonsta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2013, 07:07 PM
    I did the salt on ice challenge & how can I get rid of the burn without a doctor
    My parents don't know & I don't want to see a doctor but my right arm is turning red,blue. & purple burning like hell! I done it 2 times I the same spot in all I had it on there for 2-3 minutes. What can I do?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 22, 2013, 07:11 PM
    You're going to be in terrible pain with maybe a severe infection with pus and bleeding for about two to three weeks and then end up with a nasty-looking scar if you refuse to tell your parents and have a doctor help you. There is nothing we can suggest other than proper medical help.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 22, 2013, 07:40 PM
    You just gave yourself a burn. The only thing you can do is see a doctor.

This will likely scar. I hope it was worth it. When you do stupid things, you have to learn to accept the consequences of the stupid things you do. In this case, a scar. Hopefully that's all you'll face, because infection is also a possibility, especially without medical attention.

Stupid is as stupid does. Live and learn. The scar will be a reminder.
    megs19 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2013, 06:32 PM
    My cousin and I also did this but it is just pink will it go away fast, I advise everybody not to do this it is painful afterwards and you will feel like a complete idiot. It is kind of swollen but not that badly.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 26, 2013, 06:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by megs19 View Post
    My cousin and I also did this but it is just pink will it go away fast, I advise everybody not to do this it is painful afterwards and you will feel like a complete idiot. it is kind of swollen but not that badly.
    It's a burn. You have given yourself a burn. It needs to be treated like a burn, which means seeing a doctor.

The pink is your skin reacting to being burned. Of course it's painful, burns hurt!

Feeling like an idiot sounds like the first coherent thought you've had. Too bad you didn't realize it before you acted like an idiot.

Anyone that paid attention in grade school science, would know that mixing ice and salt, will give you a burn.

Time to see your doctor. As for it going away, that depends on how badly you burned your skin, and how soon you sought medical attention. Burns can and do scar, so you may be stuck with a reminder of your idiocy.

Good luck.
    Ajt4321 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2014, 10:20 PM
    I did this also and I felt like an idiot, the best thing to do is to put burn cream you can get it in a first aid
    Thank god I put these things on so I doesn't leave a nasty scar and please do this it would really help your burn and never ever do it
    Again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to cure a salt and I e challenge burn? [ 1 Answers ]

Okay so I kept the ice on for aboit 30 seconds give or take. The only problem why it's bothering me is because the welt is extremely Itchy!! Can someone please explain what I can do and why it's spool itchy? Thanks

Salt and ice challenge [ 2 Answers ]

I did the salt and ice challenge and my skin is turning blue, it hurts to touch it, help!! I'm scared. Also I held the ice on my skin from 1:30- 2:00 minutes

Salt and ice challenge [ 3 Answers ]

OK so I recently played the salt and ice game when I was at a sleepover I didn't tell my friend it was hot I just said ow but she thought it was sarcasum that was 4 days ago how do I make it stop itch and hurt?

I did the ice and salt challenge help me [ 1 Answers ]

My hand burns and hurts. I got 3 blisters and I popped one and it grew back. My.hand looks redesh and purple can't explain the color but in the middle it has some white spotes and it hurts me soooo bad please help me. Is there a way to fix this please some one help me find the unswer!! D:

Salt and ice challenge [ 2 Answers ]

I did a challenge when you have to pour salt on your arm then put an ice cube on It well longer story short I would like to know if there is a way I can make the swelling go away before it turn into a bruise

View more questions Search