Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bbear5k Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2013, 02:24 PM
    Glacier Bay Customer Support
    On a glacier bay single hole faucet, there are a hot and cold tube protruding from the bottom of the faucet. One protrudes about 4 inches, the other is about 7 inches out. Which one is for hot water, or, does it matter?
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 21, 2013, 05:11 PM
    Yes it matters. Normally there will be a tag on the hot side. If no tag present, simply put the on/off handle in the hot position and blow through one tube at a time. The one you can actually blow through will be your hot. You shouldn't be able to blow through the cold tube unless you turn the handle to cold. Pretty easy to figure out. Or you could simply hook it up, and if hot and cold are reversed, swap the supplies. I believe the longer tube is usually the hot, but not sure on GB.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2013, 05:13 PM
    Sure it matters but every one I have ever seen has a tag. If not, look for a red dot, that's hot. Lastly, move the handle to the left and blow into one of the ends. It you can't blow, it is the CW. If you can, it's the hot.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Jan 21, 2013, 05:15 PM
    Ha, posted at the same time. Same answers. Great minds...
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2013, 05:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mygirlsdad77 View Post
    Ha, posted at the same time. Same answers. Great minds...
    And I was posting the same to you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Glacier Bay [ 16 Answers ]

What is the toll free phone number for glacier bay faucets?

Glacier bay [ 1 Answers ]

Glacier bay tub faucet, don't have model # was bought about 6yrs. Ago home depot sells glacier bay products seems that they would sell the stem to fix the faucet with but no such luck. Thanks for your help

Glacier bay faucets [ 1 Answers ]

is there a back flow value in the housing of the spray gun hose triggering the flow of water to stop (kitchen faucet)

Looking For a Job in Customer Care, Customer Support [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm from Sri Lanka. I'm Looking for a job in customer care, customer support, office admin, clerk, areas. I have more than 6 years of experience. I'm 28 years old guy. Please help me to find a job in Europe, Singapore, Switzerland, Netherland, Etc. I can any type of working environment.

Glacier Bay Faucet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a two year old Glacier Bay kitchen faucet with pull out spray head. Recently the faucet is very difficult to pivot, so much so that the base plate on the sink twists when you try. I uninstalled, cleaned, lubricated and re-installed the faucet and it is still the same. My trip to Home...

View more questions Search