Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lawrenceb57 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2013, 08:48 AM
    Getting unemployment with 2 jobs
    I have two full time jobs one for 28 years the next job for 5 year. If I got laid off the job for 30 which pays more than the other can I get unemployment benefits too cover the difference
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2013, 10:22 AM
    Depends on the State - where?

In general Unemployment means you are - unemployed. I have seen exceptions.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 21, 2013, 10:23 AM
    First, its not a good idea to piggyback your question on another thread. To avoid confusion, I've moved your post to its own thread.

One of the conditions of unemployment, is you have to be ready and able to work. If you have one job, it may be a problem proving you are able to work. Also the max you can earn is a little over $400/week. So if you are making that much on the other job there would be no UI payment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I have two jobs and I'm laid off from one can I collect unemployment? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a full time construction job and I want to take on an additional part-time job so I don't have to live paycheck to paycheck. If I were to be laid off from my full-time job could I still collect unemployment somehow?

Can I get unemployment if I had unemployment then got a 1099 and then lost my job? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if I can still get unemployment if I used to have and it got extended but I started working as a sub contractor and then lost my job. May I go back and still collect that unemployment? Thanks...

If I have two jobs and I'm fired from one, can I collect unemployment? [ 2 Answers ]

I am single mother and I have two part time jobs (both at about 28 hours each give or take and both at $12 an hour), but both have full time benefits. I live in the state of Maine and the two jobs I have - They are both cell phone companies, so they are competitors and it's a conflict of interest....

Unemployment W2? [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to get my tax form from the state of Alaska where I receive my unemployment. So I can do my taxes. I am having a really hard time any suggestions

Collecting unemployment in 2 different states/2 different jobs [ 1 Answers ]

I was terminated from a job in GA in October, 2007. I collected about 19 weeks of unemployment. I started a new job in NY in April, 2008. I was laid off from the NY job in January, 2009. I am presently collecting unemployment from NY. I am moving back to GA. My question is this: can I file...

View more questions Search