Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jane12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2013, 08:22 AM
    I have a judgment and now the defendant has asked for judgment to be set aside
    I have a court judgment, and now I have received a court date as the defendant has requested the judgement to be set a side. Is this right as I have followed the procedures and time frame and the defedant has not so why do I now have to go to court??
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2013, 10:23 AM
    What reason does the Defendant give for asking that the Judgment be set aside? He/she needs legal grounds, not just unhappinessd with the verdict.

The argument is usually - in my area - improper legal service.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 21, 2013, 10:31 AM
    Yes, you do have to go to court. You will present what you have done to have been awarded the judgment, and he will have to show grounds to set it aside.

If the judge denies his request you can ask that your court costs be added to the award since dragging you into court was, essentially, harassment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need expert in CA Motion for Summary Judgment Defendant Civil case [ 5 Answers ]

I'm a defendant in a California Civil case. I need to find either a lawyer or parelegal who is expert in preparing a Motion for Summary Judgment. I'm sure that the Plaintiffs' case is all bogus and have answered their Complaint with numerous Affirmative Defenses.

My creditor has asked for a judgment on a debt [ 5 Answers ]

I have advertised with them for years and long story short they never responded to me asking for an indepth accounting of my payments. They supplied a copy of my account history but it is inaccurate and I have proof . They have an attorney asking for a judgment today and I have court. My proof...

I filed a judgment on the defendant, and he dies. How do I get my money? [ 3 Answers ]

I filed a civil suit against my former attorney. By default, I won because he didn't show up. He never appealed in the 30 days he had to. My next question to the courts was, "How do I get my 3,106 dollars? " Fearing that it didn't matter that I won, he still wouldn't pay me. They said to go to the...

Judgment entered against defendant in 1998. Abstract of Judgment recorded 2001. [ 8 Answers ]

Judgment against defendant entered more than 10 years ago. Abstract recorded and 10 years have lapsed. Judgment not renewed as required by law. So, judgment is barred by Statute of Limitations. What action, if any, need be taken to remove the Abstract of Judgment from clouding title on real...

How to oppose defendant's motion in CA to vacate the default judgment [ 1 Answers ]

As a plaintiff in pro per in CA, I was granted a default judgment. The defenfant then hired an attorney and filed a motion to vacate the default judgment with a hearing date coming soon. What do I need to do (or forms to use) to file my intent to appear to oppose the motion? And when?

View more questions Search