Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charkey6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2013, 07:22 AM
    Rolltop desk down and locked cannot unlock it with key antique lawyers desk
    I have an antique lawyers roll top desk and in the process of oiling it we pulled the roll top all the way down to the closed position and it locked. We tried to unlock it with the key but the key will only partially turn and not move the mechanism( which seem to be horizontal rods inside the lower large slat) that unlocks it the roll top.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 21, 2013, 10:24 AM
    There is a locksmith at my local antique center who specializes in old locks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lost rolltop computer desk key [ 9 Answers ]

:rolleyes:I have a rolltop computer desk, but it's fairly new. The store I bought it from is no longer in business and I lost the key. The key looks like the old fashioned type keys. Any suggestions? Thank you risnstr

Unlock Rolltop desk when desk is open [ 0 Answers ]

I seeking some help. I would like to unlock the internal lock assembly to access left handside drawers. The drawers are locked even when the shutter is open. I'm not sure where the internal lock is and I have the original key.

Antique rolltop desk made in dayton Ohio,by the m. Chmer's son's co. [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I was just wondering if I could get information on how to look up an old company that made an old rolltop desk my husband acquired through his father from his grandfather.. and all we got is the name off the desk and we know it was made in dayton Ohio...

Rolltop Desk Key [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have lost the key to my rolltop desk. It is now locked and I am unable to get into it. This is an older rolltop desk from the 1920's or 1930's with one of those old fashioned basic looking type keys. Is there someplace where I can get a key for this desk? Is there a way to...

View more questions Search