Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    63ken Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2013, 11:46 AM
    Positive ground wiring on a 1931 model a ford
    If you had to jump the car with a battery charger,how would you hook the charger cables to the battery and why? With a positive grnd system,isn't the negative terminal the hot ter?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 20, 2013, 01:50 PM
    You hook the cables as they are suppose to be connected. Pos to Pos and Neg to Neg. As far as what is "ground" if the positive terminal is used then in theory it can be hooked anywhere body "ground" is found and the negative must be hooked directly to the negative terminal. Just be sure you have the voltage setting correct on the charger so you don't blow anything up. Cars of that era can be 6 volt not 12 like today's cars.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ground strap location ford 6.0 liter engine? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an f-350 with 6.0 liter diesel Every once in awhile it will not start. It runs fine when running, but you shut it off and it will crank over just fine, but will not fire at all. Sometimes if it sets for 3or4 hours it will start fine sometimes it won't. The batteries,alternator,oil pressure...

Can we able to ground the positive terminal? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi.. I'm in little confusion let me 2 help

John deere 318 starter wiring, which is positive post [ 1 Answers ]

Replaced starter on JD 318. Before I hook back up, which post is positive terminal? I feel that it is lower one, because upper one has a jumper wire from solenoid to starter.

Hunter fan wiring model 26107 light fixture wiring sequence [ 2 Answers ]

There are 4 lights Each light has a bnlack and white wire coming from it. The light switch has a bule wire, a red wire and a black wire from the main housing. There is also a white wire coming from the main housing. The fan operates fine I cannot get the lights to go on. What is the wire sequence?

View more questions Search