Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AnnaRo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 19, 2013, 06:12 AM
    Why do my kids wake up at night crying bad n looking at the ceiling n hiding?
    They hide under there blankets n stare up again n hide n look n hide but crying n fearful face
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Jan 19, 2013, 08:06 AM
    Your children are probably seeing shadows on the ceiling and they think that they are actually seeing a monster and it is scaring them.

When I was little there was a Weeping Willow outside my bedroom window and at night sometimes I would think I saw a monster in my room until I realized that what I saw was actually a shadow of the tree limbs from the Weeping Willow moving in the wind.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jan 19, 2013, 08:59 AM
    How old are they?
    samcreed Posts: 132, Reputation: 18
    -

Jan 19, 2013, 11:01 AM
    As another asked, how old are they? Do you let them watch horror movies, or anything that is really distressing? Some kids have nightmares when they see bad movies, and it really scares them. As another said, they could be seeing shadows.
    Why don't you sleep in the same room with them one night, and see if they are OK with you there? It could be they are just afraid in the room by themselves. It should go away in a while. Good luck, and hope you have a great new year.
    PS; Has anything happened to them recently, like their Dad leaving or something?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my dog wake me up at night? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with my male Labrador who is 2! He started this waking up thing when my daughter moved out about 6 months ago, and no matter what I do, he STILL wakes me up 2-3 times a night! I've even allowed him to sleep with me thinking it would stop, but it hasn't. He's deaf, so it's not any...

Wake up crying sad [ 3 Answers ]

Leaving friends, moved away, depressed

My dreams are vividly real. I often wake crying. Is this normal? [ 5 Answers ]

I ofyen have bad dreams. This morning I woke up crying because of my dream. I drempt that I died. I was a very old lady and my mind was sound yet my body was old and worn out. I was like on both sides. I was alive, but also I witnessed my death. Being dead and didn't want to be dead cause I was...

Why does my dog wake up in the middle of the night? [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently moved house. My dog (a cocker spaniel) has started to wake up several times during the night. This is driving me nuts. Have moved her crate several times, without any result. I have now put her crate into the bedroom, but she STILL keeps waking me up 2-3 times during the night. ...

13 year old labrador crying, barking at night, going in circles, hiding under tables [ 3 Answers ]

Hi and thanks for the forum, My 13 year old choco lab CoCoBear has suddenly developed fearful behaviors, especially at night. She won't "settle" to sleep; whines, cries, and barks and acts confused. During the day she tries to hide under tables. For some time she has needed help getting up on...

View more questions Search