Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crystal paroda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2013, 01:49 PM
    when hippa laws have been violated--what next
    I do random uas for owens and . The lady that did my ua called someone that inturn called my boss.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 18, 2013, 01:59 PM
    What is a ua, who is owens, and please explain the whole story in more detail.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jan 19, 2013, 06:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    What is a ua, who is owens, and please explain the whole story in more detail.
    That would be "urine analysis", to determine if OP has been using drugs. I doubt that it's covered by HIPAA. If it were, OP would report it and the lady could theoretically be fined.

But it isn't going to happen.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 19, 2013, 07:07 AM
    If the UA was being done for the company you work at, and it was ordered by the company, of course they call and let them know the results.

If you are ordered by your company to do a UA, the company is the one who is the customer.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 19, 2013, 07:12 AM
    Actually the "lady" wouldn't get fined, she would lose her job and the facility she works for would get fined.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Were HIPPA rights violated? [ 3 Answers ]

Long story short, my mother suffered a debilitating medical condition which ultimately ended with me relocating to be hher care giver. No one else in the family would offer to help, they have done everything they can to make mmy life miserable. It got to the point where I had to stop some...

Employer violated hippa [ 2 Answers ]

Hi> Im on workmen comp in NY. I had an IME medical report completed and was to be forwarded to the agency's insurance carrier. The insurance carrier reviewed the report and sent it over to our Risk Manager. Then the Risk Manager forwarded my confidential medical report to my Program Director whom I...

Were my hippa rights violated? [ 8 Answers ]

My former manager (and former friend) went to my pharmacy and requested my complete medical list without my consent. She told the pharmacist that I was a patient of the doctors office we worked at and then she used this information to write me a registered letter to basically tell me that I had...

Was my hippa violated [ 5 Answers ]

I got into a heated disagreement with a MA at a doctors office on how she was trying to draw my blood. After the MA left the room she went to the front desk and told her other employees what happen as well as the other patients what happen... When I compalin to the dr and told him what happen he...

Was the Hippa law violated [ 1 Answers ]

My psychiatist answered a call from me while another patient was sitting in his office.. the other patient heard the entire conversation and then asked a question in relation to the my copayment for my next visit. The Dr. went on to tell the patient that based on my income he knows I can afford his...

View more questions Search