Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Accountingbear Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2007, 05:39 PM
    Payment from year before not posted.
    I work for a small company but we got a new system. Last year there were payment
    Received but not posted to there accounts. I verified this by requesting copies of checks.
    What is the correct way to input them and not putting the payment into the checking accounting . But I guess still saying that the payment were received?
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2007, 07:09 PM
    Can you just go back to your 2005 financial statements and made the adjusting entry and prepare new statements? That is, higher cash, lower AR?

Or, if that is such a huge issue, you can always just post it to 2006 if it is not a super material amount.

But if you can, just go back and adjust the 2005 numbers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a collections agency refuse payment or payment arrangement ? [ 2 Answers ]

I owe a hospital bill of $1000 from back in march and it has gone to a collections agency. Now my problem is, my insurance company actually sent me the check to make the payment. They instructed me to put it into my checking account then send a personal check to the creditor. However when I put...

Full-year for Federal, Part-year for State ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am an alien and comply with the qualification for full-year tax resident for Federal, but not with my state's where I should be considered as a part-year tax resident. Is it a problem if my status are different for federal and state, or does my federal status "overwrite" my state status...

6th Year F1, Converted to H-1B last year [ 3 Answers ]

Hi ATE, Thank you so much for everything you have done for all of us. I really really appreciate your help and advice. You are THE man! My case is like that: I came to US on F1 in 08/2000, and had been on F1 until I got my H-1B visa on Nov. 1st last year. From last May to last Oct. I...

Posted earlier but not addressed yet! Thanks for you help with this! [ 1 Answers ]

This question has not been addresssed yet. I know it is still early but would like some help with this still because these are popping up a lot and I do not know what to do with them. I know Chery said that Spybot - Search and Destroy was a little difficult but it is still on my system. Spybot -...

View more questions Search