Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cardomb Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2007, 05:05 PM
    Wiring multiple receptacles
    I have already run my sub panel and you would think I would remember how to wiring multiple receptacles. But I don't! Ok, here is what I am trying to do. I have a 20 amp circuit and I am connecting 6 receptacles on this one circuit. The first circuit is connected to the breaker (easy) but I cannot remember how to connect the next receptacle which will be located 10 feet away. Do I need to have pigtails in the first box (run the wire from the breaker into the receptacle box, pigtail the ground, neutral and hot to the wires going to the next box and also pigtail the ground, hot and neutral to the socket in the first box? Sounds confusing but I cannot think of another way to state it. I appreciate all the assistance you have been providing. PS I am using # 12 wire.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2007, 11:06 PM
    Pigtailing each black, white, and ground at each outlet box is the best method.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

15 or 20 amp receptacles? [ 6 Answers ]

I had my electric service upgraded 18 years ago and had the electrician install two GFCI's, One for the bathroom and one for the kitchen. They are on separate circuits by themselves. They are each on a 20 amp breaker with 12 gauge wire and the GFCI's are rated 15 amp with 20 amp feed through. My...

Basement receptacles [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I want to put four receptacles in my basement, its an unfinished basement and I'll put in a GFCI plug. My question is this: do I bond the metal boxes and Im not sure if I am supposed to ground the plugs that are fed off the GFCI? And I do ground the GFCI in the panel don't I? Thanks

Wiring for multiple light switches [ 3 Answers ]

I have three light switches that control one light fixture. In the past, they all turned the light of and on independently. But recently it depends on where you turn if off. In some cases, it won't turn on at another switch. Someone told me it was the wiring or the switches. Nobody has changed...

Wiring one switch for multiple lights [ 2 Answers ]

I understand the wiring for a single switch for a single light but what do I do with multiple lights on the one switch without making the whole circuit run off that switch. There are other outlets that need constant power on the same line as the two lights.

View more questions Search