Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caseyfk Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2013, 01:54 PM
    1966 adoption
    In 1966 my dad and his girlfriend put their baby up for adoption. They lived in Oregon and found a family in Washington to adopt the baby. The baby was a boy. My father was 17. Is their any way I can find him, if he wants to be found? I just found out about him last summer and been thinking about my half brother ever sense.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 16, 2013, 02:03 PM
    Does your father want to search?

If not, I would really leave this alone.

You can hire a licensed private investigator to search, or you can post on reunion websites.

If you DO find this person, please be aware that they may not know they are adopted, and you could cause a lot of heartache if you just pop out of nowhere. All contact should be done through a third party, and you should respect their wishes if they choose to have no relationship.
    caseyfk Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2013, 02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen View Post
    Does your father want to search?

If not, I would really leave this alone.

You can hire a licensed private investigator to search, or you can post on reunion websites.

If you DO find this person, please be aware that they may not know they are adopted, and you could cause a lot of heartache if you just pop out of nowhere. All contact should be done through a third party, and you should respect their wishes if they choose to have no relationship.
    I have spoke with my father about trying to locate him and he said that is OK with him. And I wouldn't tell him he was adopted. I guess I should have worded my question better. Is there a web site I could go to where people that were adopted go to look for their parents.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 16, 2013, 02:31 PM
    There are several. ISRR and adoption.com are probably the two most popular.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2013, 08:30 AM
    My concern is that the father is dying of lung cancer.

Is this a deathbed reconcilliation plan?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 17, 2013, 08:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyfk View Post
    And I wouldnt tell him he was adopted.
    So how would explain your interest in contacting him? And, since you are looking for web sites that help unite adoptees and their bio parents, don't you think he would have to know he was adopted for him to make use of such sites?

What worries me about the above quote is that you don't appear to have thought this through enough.

But certainly, if you restrict your search to sites that put willing adoptees and bio parents together you should be fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a frank robinson 1966 card does it have any value [ 3 Answers ]

I have a frank robinson 1966 card does it have any value

1966 Topps Baseball cards [ 1 Answers ]

Where do I find a FREE list of all the cards in the 1966 Topps Baseball set? Or any set, for that matter? Thanks

Buying power of 1966 dollar [ 1 Answers ]

one $in 1966 =? $ today

Born 9-6-1966 then given away to lonelyless [ 2 Answers ]

9-6-66 detroit MI hi yellow complextion rare facial molds on face.brown eyes exstremly talented .poet.artist.survivor.and thinker.Please assist. SEEKING BIOLOGICAL MOTHER THAT CONCEIEVED BOY IN 1966 SEPTEMBER NATIVE OF MICHICAN. HOW DO I FIND HER WITH NO FUNDS DUE TO UNEMPLOYMENT AND ODD JOBS TO...

View more questions Search