Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    June1022 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2013, 04:13 PM
    Want to sell
    I have a expired promissory note, I've called and sent letters to lender but have not heard anything, so I stop making payments just to get them to call me back, still have not heard from them, it has been 10 months since they have received anything from me. I really want to sell this place and have lost lots of buyers in the past, I don't know what else to do, I don't want to just get up & walk away. Please help.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2013, 04:17 PM
    I don't know why this is posted in Small Claims unless it's a (relatively) minor amount.

I don't know what an "expired promissory note" is.

At any rate, have you written the lender and mailed the letter registered mail, return receipt requested?

Withholding payment in order to get someone's attention is not a good idea - if you are in default you can (and probably will) be sued - with interest and legal fees if there is that provision in the promissory note.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to sell my brand new bathtub, how and where can I sell? [ 1 Answers ]

I have new bathtub with pressurized water supply (with water jets fittings). Its not used ever since instaled by the builder. How can I sell it over internet?

How much should I sell my PC for? [ 5 Answers ]

I really want to sell my PC so I can buy a notebook, and I have no idea how much it's worth. :confused: My PC is a 4 year old HP Pavilion a200n, 2.4 GHz Intel Ceteron Processor, 256 MB RAM, 40 GB Hard drive, with a CD-RW drive and Windows XP. I don't want to think it's worth more than it really...

Trying to sell. [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to sell my house but my brother is on my land without my concent. He just showed up one day and stayed. I told him he can stay for a week because our mother was ill. Now he refuses to leave and our mother has passed. The house is in my name and it has been for over 30 years. My father...

How to sell ? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm trying to sell these dum discount cards for a high school fund raiser. Any tips? No one seems happy to see anyone at their door trying to sell something, and their first instinct is to say "no" . I need to sell 10 cards today or I'm running A lot tomorrow at two-a-days.:eek:

When should I sell? [ 3 Answers ]

I was notified I was inheriting property in the Seattle area, a total of 5 lots. The value estimates so far are between 800k and 1.5 million. There are no mortages owned on any of these and these properties are only a portion of all properties that were distributed among many heirs. I don't live...

View more questions Search