Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jennygirlyy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2013, 06:52 PM
    Molested by brother as child
    When I was younger, my brother used to molest. At the time, I didn't know it was molestation, I didn't put it together until not too long ago. I'm not sure when the molestation started, the earliest I remember is 5 years old but it might have been before then. My brother and I shared a bedroom when we were 5-9. He was a year old than me. I remember he used to tell me we were playing a game and he would touch me, and I'd have to show him my privates. I knew I couldn't tell my mom because I knew it was bad but inside my heart I guess I figured my brother wouldn't hurt me, I didn't really know what I was doing I guess. I always felt like it was my fault though. I do remember, in kindergarten I got in trouble for humping a chair and I remember I would hump the pillows too. I don't know if that had to do with it as well.

It stopped when I was about 9, but I just recently put it together. I'm 16 now. Most of my childhood is kind of blanked out, maybe that's why. I started researching on it and I'm not putting things together. I also crave attention from guys. I don't have a boyfriend, never have, but I've always dreamed about it. I also did some stuff with a guy I regret doing simply because he told me I was pretty and complimented me.

I'm not sure if the molestation really affected me or what I should do?

I realized I do get really jealous/upset when my parents act like he's an angel. I get in trouble for the dumbest things and he never gets in trouble for anything, maybe I have hidden resentment to him. I'm not really sure. I'm just confused to be honest. Thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 14, 2013, 07:47 PM
    Tell your parents and get into counseling
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jan 14, 2013, 07:49 PM
    You need to tell your parents. If you feel you cannot, find a counselor at school and speak to him or her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to cope with brother that molested me as a child [ 48 Answers ]

My brother is 4 years older than me. Our family was very close (loving parents, no abuse, very normal). When I was very small, I knew my brother never wanted to be around me. He would want to go anywhere I wasn't. I adored my brother and wanted his attention so badly I would do anything to make...

Brother was molested [ 2 Answers ]

I have found out, being 50, this past week that my brother was molested by a family friend. This friend had problems like this but my family never thought that it may of happened to one of us, as being male I was never even touched. I am finding it hard, knowing my brother was abused and having to...

How can I cope with being molested by my brother? [ 5 Answers ]

My brother and I were never really close. We always fighted... but I remember when we got along we would play odd games that he suggested. Like once it was rock, paper, scissors and if I lost I had to kiss him. I was about 8 at the time and the thought of kissing him disgusted me but I played......

View more questions Search