Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kevinboudreau Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2013, 09:03 PM
    Setting Spring Tension
    A mill door at work weighs 1 Ton, There is a spring mounted in the door that is supposed to be set at 15 Ton compressed spring tension. I was wondering if it mattered if the weight of the door (once its laid down then it is pressing on the stud, hence compressing the spring a little) adds the 1 Ton on top of the 15 Ton that you would set the hydraulic jack too, or since the spring compression is higher than the door weighs, does it just make it quicker and easier for the jack to get to 15Ton?

Check out some similar questions!

Idler pulley tension spring [ 2 Answers ]

Craftsman 48" mower deck idler pulley tension spring part number. Model # of tractor is 917.273241

Mower deck tension spring [ 2 Answers ]

How do I reattach the mower deck tension spring on my MTD (tryoybilt) riding lawn mower

Where does the tension spring go on a 42 "deck [ 0 Answers ]

Where the tension spring hooks up on this 42 " mower

Craftsman Yard Tractor - Blade Belt Tension Spring [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, Please help me, I do not have the owner's manual, I have tried to go to sears.com and can not get the model tab to work. Question: Where does the spring mount to on each end, for the belt tension pulley, for the blade belt? The model # is 917.255820, 44" deck, 16 HP Thanks in advance.

Nikki Carb - Return Spring Tension? [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, so I have a small question here and looking for some advice. I am in the middle of a nikki 1bbl carb rebuild off a kohler CV25 OHV, and on the choke shaft end was a return spring coiled up around the shaft and I am wondering if there is any special tension or number of winds to use when...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.