Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2013Graduate Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2013, 08:36 PM
    I'm a guy who's in love with my best guy friend.
    Let me say first that I am 18 and I have a friend that's a guy that I have been knowing since junior year and I'm now a senior. We have become so close we like the same movies, music we like the same hobbies, sports and things in general basically we are very similar everyone say we are , we've actually been thought to be brothers one time. To get to the point I've really grown to love this guy. We hang out a lot he really cares about me and tends to take interest in anything I do and vice versa. We get along well we get mad over little things each other do and we tend act like a couple. But he has a girlfriend that he has been going out with for 4 months now he even says he loves her and wants to marry her. I also enjoy women but also guys I'm slowly but trying to except my sexuality, trying to finally tell myself that I'm bi. It hurts me to hear him talk about any body else in a intimate kind of way I love everything about him were both attractive all around typically well built well known high school guys him lacrosse me swimming and we also both can sing and dance I just really want him physically and emotionally I'm just scared to say anything and on top of that we hug when we say hi and goodbye and lately when we hug he gives me a kiss on the neck I refuse sometimes and laugh because I don't want to seem gay and we just get so close sometimes we give eye contact a lot he smiles at me and I blush and we always have good conversation I woukd fight fir this guy anything he needs or wants I will try to get vice versa but I just need help I don't know what to do or what to make of this any advice ?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 13, 2013, 08:40 PM
    Depending on where you live, in the US most guys do not kiss each other hello or good bye,
    Some cultures do this.

So tell him, if you are bi, but being bi does not mean he should have low morals, so he has a girlfriend, so he can not and would not date you.
    2013Graduate Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2013, 08:49 PM
    Yea I live in Georgia that's not part of my culture.. I just don't want to ruin anything and Im not out yet and because my mother is gay and their was some disappointed members in my family I just feel like it would be even worse if I just followed in her footsteps... I'm just scared what my dad, grandma and family in general would think I mean I do want a normal life, I want a wife kids a regular household.. But I just can't see me going off for college without telling my friend I just love this guy to the moon and back I just will have to confess up one of these days
    mark25624 Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Jan 15, 2013, 02:42 PM
    Fine line!

You want to tell him.
    But! You don't want to lose him either.
    It's hard to find anyone.
    Who can make us feel the way we do about the other.

So you ave a guy friend that is a close guy friend.
    2 choices!
    1. tell him how you feel.
    2.accept the way things are.

If you accept things the way they are.
    Then you still have a close friend as long as the 2 of you want it to be.
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Jan 15, 2013, 04:35 PM
    I would take a step back and perhaps do your own thing away from him for a while and get your head straight before you make any rash decisions.

You do not want to risk telling him you want him in 'that way' as you may ruin your friendship. As he has a girlfriend experiment with others who perhaps want the same as you.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 15, 2013, 04:46 PM
    He is your best friend and he has a girl friend. What would be the point in telling him anything like that? Is it to possible get his attention? That is wrong.
    Stop spending so much time with him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A guy with passionate love for his best guy friend [ 2 Answers ]

I don't truly identify with conventional sexuality. Over the course of my 25 years living I have realized "sexuality" poses limits on Love; you would never give Love a chance if it's from a source you "shouldn't" be accepting based on societal convention. This is difficult but I know it to be true...

I'm a guy, who is in love with his (guy) best friend, How do I know if he is gay too [ 3 Answers ]

This is a very confusing situation, we see each other every day, we spent from 4 to 24 hours together per day, we go to the gym, we watch movies, we go out to eat, to play, we do everything together. I love him, but I treat him only as my best friend, but sometimes we look at each other in the eye...

In love with my best guy friend? [ 3 Answers ]

So there's this guy I've known for about a year, but he's not just any guy he's my bestfreind. At first everything started pretty cool, we go along quite well and became close real fast. Then out of no where he starts dating my best girlfriend. I'm pretty cool about the whole thing but deep inside...

Do I love my best guy friend? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am new here and I really will appreciate if you try to help me. I have this best guy friend since kinder garden. We are best friend until today (we are both 24 now). One month ago he had a birthday. We were all having fun and we were all drunk. The same night he came to me and said...

Still in love with a guy who's my ex AND best guy friend! [ 0 Answers ]

I've just turned 13 and when I was 12, I had this awesome guy friend. We used to talk all day, joke around, have fun, sing songs together, play truth or dare, etc. So once my best friend (lets call her Naomi), who was also friends with my best guy friend, called us both for her birthday party. We...

View more questions Search