Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gumbranch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2007, 01:13 PM
    Writing equations of perpendicular lines
    How do I write an equation of a line that is perpendicular to y=-3 + 5 and passes through
    (4,3)?
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2007, 01:26 PM
    I reckon you mean y=-3x+5? If so, the slope of this line is -3. The slope of the perpendicular is the negative reciprocal of the aforementioned slope.

Then use your given points, (4, 3), to find the equation of said line.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rewrite equations as balanced chemical equations [ 8 Answers ]

Magnesium chloride yield sulfur dioxide Calcium carbonate yields calcium oxide plus carbon dioxide Nitrogen plus hygrogen yield ammonia Hydrochloric acid plus sodium hydroxide yield sodium chloride plus water

Chemistry/ writing word and symbol balanced equations [ 1 Answers ]

write word and symbol equations for balanced burning magnesium

Slopes,parallel and perpendicular... how do I do that?help please! [ 2 Answers ]

okay I was given the linear equation 2x+4y=12 and I was asked to find: a.)an equation in the form y=mx+b b.)an equation of line parallel to the equation c.)a slope perpendicular to the equation d.)an equation of a line parallel & through the point (4,2) e.)an equation of a line perpendicular...

Writiing equations with perpendicular lines [ 2 Answers ]

I don't understand how to write an equation with a perpendicular line. The book does not have an example. Write and equation of aline through (4, 5) that is perpendicular to y=1/2x & 3. I have been doing equations when there are two sets of ordered pairs. This only has 1. Please help....

View more questions Search