Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Diamond180288 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2013, 04:57 AM
    My boyfriend is abusing me
    I've known my boyfriend for ten Years an we have been in a relationship for 6 years. He is 9 years older than me. And we have a two year old son together. He has always been in patient and had a bad temper. But since we moved in together and had our son things have gotten worse and worse. He has beat me up several times but each time seems to be getting worse an lasting longer. I feel like I am losing my mind when he twists things on me I start to doubt everything I do around him then. One time I went to furniture shopping an left baby with him. I was stuck kn traffic on motorway and when I got home he asked how much I had spent an cause I spent an extra 50 quid on furniture he exploded. He dragged me through the house by my hair kicking me while I was on the floor chased me with a baseball bat and punched me all in front of our son who was 1 at the time in his walker. On another occasion he ran up stairs whilst I was in bed an repeatedly punched me in the face threw water over me. And when I tried to leave he threatened to take baby off me an ring police to say I was leaving my son in bed alone. So he made me get back into bed and started being all nice then. The next day my face was black and blue and he started to boast cause he was still drunk from the night before. He's strangled me punched me kicked me bruised me humiliated me. The lot.

But yesterday for no reason my friend came around who he hates. We had went out the night before an he just started calling me a fat slag and a scruffy . All because I was going round to my dads house cause he is agoraphobic and had no shopping in. And he kicked off shouting u have got cleaning to do. That's another thing he is obsessive about cleaning. Makes me clean everything screams at me saying how unclean everything is an I wad dragged up none of my family care for me etc. Anyway when I got back from my dads he was screaming at me while I had our son sitting on my lap he was pushing his head against mine calling me a slag then he bit my face an started throwing all baby's toys everywhere. And he got my make up and smashed it all and cut my hair extensions too.

I can't take any more of this. But I feel I have got no were to go to and he won't leave the house. An I'm not working at the moment and he won't give money to support us. He's very controlling with his money too. I don't know what to do. Am a very confident person so don't want to admit to everyone what's happening an worry people. I don't know what to do anymore. I don't want my son brought up with us living together
    samcreed Posts: 132, Reputation: 18
    -

Jan 13, 2013, 05:00 AM
    Please talk with a lawyer. You might also find a free counselor in your area, about what to do, and where to go. You can also find a lawyer who can explain what to do, and might be willing to take your case, without pay, until you get a court order for him to pay you support.

Jan 13, 2013, 05:05 AM
    Thanks for your reply. But we aren't married and also still living in same house together. He gives money each week for me to get all the shopping etc an that's it. But I know if I left him he wouldn't. He has another child and hadn't paid any support for him ever
    samcreed Posts: 132, Reputation: 18
    -

Jan 13, 2013, 05:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond180288 View Post
    Thanks for ur reply. But we aren't married and also still living in same house together. He gives money each week for me to get all the shopping ect an that's it. But I know if I left him he wouldn't. He has another child and hadn't paid any support for him ever
    You have hooked up with a "real winner" here. Please talk with a lawyer anyway, and there is a chance that if this goes to court, you just might have court order for him to pay. I don't see any way out, living with him. He has a past history of the same thing he is doing to you now, with another child.

Jan 13, 2013, 05:18 AM
    I know your right. I suppose it's just plucking up the courage now. I'll have to move house everything. An this is my house an it's beautiful. He's ruining my life an I won't key him ruin my sons
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 13, 2013, 06:16 AM
    Why haven't you called the police?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 13, 2013, 07:51 AM
    Call the police on this turd. There is no reason you should be putting up with abuse. He should be in jail. As far as his comment about taking the baby... don't believe it. The police can see that you are abused. Turn him in.

Find a friend to live with. Live with your dad. Find a shelter. There is always a way out but you need to stop making excuses and putting it off. You just need to do it.

My sister put up with abuse for years. She used to get beat often and had things broken on her... in front of her 2 kids. She finally got the courage to leave him when he broke the toilet bowl with her head.

This abuse will not get better... it will get worse until one day you wind up dead... or maybe he kills the baby in a rage. Do you want that? I don't think you do.

Call the police. Get out.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 13, 2013, 08:00 AM
    She is putting up with the abuse for the money he gives her, she appears to feel trapped to allow this to happen.

But you call the police or at least change the locks and don't let him back in.
    Have enough respect for yourself, have enough concern over your baby to stop allowing this to happen.

I will be honest, the first couple of times I feel sorry for the women, but after that the women should know better
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 13, 2013, 09:54 AM
    Why can't you seek shelter with dad after you call a cop? You need to at least take a first step to protect you and your son.
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Jan 13, 2013, 11:50 AM
    I was married to an abusive man. I will not go into details but I was lucky I left before he killed me. I was unlucky though due in part to the abuse I had a mental breakdown and lost my children (they were adopted). My children are all grown. I have met 3 of them. Only one has a relationship with me. I live with the guilt daily I did not leave right away. I don't know where you live but a child seeing domestic abuse can be grounds for them to take the child at least where I am at.
    Get out for yourself or if you can't for you for your child. Police will come and help if you call don't believe him that they will take his side. That is lies. Call a woman's shelter when he is not around to get out. If he is abusing you call the police and take pictures.
    Your son will be affected by this. He will either get in a relationship with an abusers or become one himself.
    Good luck and please get out!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 13, 2013, 12:05 PM
    Mogrann is correct, your child will need as much help in the future asyou will, so definitely get him out of this situation, and where you both can get the love, help, and support you both desperately need.

Prayers to you both and Mogrann.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are my parents abusing me? If so what should I do? [ 61 Answers ]

Ok... my parents beat me with a belt... although my dad calls it 'royaly whipped' or 'getting your butt skinned' *shudders* when I was younger, to beat me, they would have me take off my bottom clothing... sometime they would have me take off my underwear also... as I got older I kept my pants or...

Is he abusing drugs? [ 2 Answers ]

My partner is 22 years old, never been diagnosed with any type of back problem or been in any kind of accident that's caused him to need prescription pills to treat his back pain. He gets norcos and vicodin from his mother, he's admitted to me that he has an issue with pills, he's even admitted at...

Ex abusing children [ 3 Answers ]

My ex partner has abuse wy three children for years and she has taken my youngest with her should I call the police My ex partner has abused my kids for years shoul I call the polce on her would they take my other child of her and bring her back home to us I am very fearfull for her safety

How do I know if my mom is abusing me [ 15 Answers ]

Hi.. Uhmm, is it right for my mother to treat me differently than my 3 other siblings? She calls me a , slut, stupid, fat , every name in the book. I am forced to get good grades, be active, volunteer for in and out school activities. She onced told me to 'get out of her house' when I was 7. She...

My teen is abusing me [ 3 Answers ]

Over the last year, my son has become increasingly defiant and disrespectful towards me. In Sept of 2008 his father and my estranged husband committed suicide. We had 3 children together. My oldest is 15 and I also have a 9 yr old and a 6 yr old. I have them in grief counseling and the younger 2...

View more questions Search