Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GeorgeBorge Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2013, 11:04 PM
    Why all the White girls in Ms America or Pageants or Cheerleaders are all tanned?
    Do they think being tanned makes them pretty?
    To me that doesn't look good.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 12, 2013, 11:10 PM
    It's a matter of personal preference.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 13, 2013, 12:44 AM
    Yes, it is a image, and for most models, the tanned what is considered a California look is preferred. Very white skin tone is not the idea color for America, it is what many non white people feel is better, but for blacks it is my opinion it is a trained response from what used to be a house slave, the lighter skin blacks had better jobs and positions, so light skin became a culture desire for many.

For many Asians also, the lighter the skin it showed they did less manual labor, so carry a umbrella outside to be shaded from the sun started.

Today many darker skin, try dangerous chemicals to get a unnatural color.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 13, 2013, 06:23 AM
    And why do you care? Some of your posts seem to care about things that are pretty off the wall? Not saying you can't ask these questions, but if these are the things that bother you, you have too much time on your hands.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 13, 2013, 07:45 AM
    I also wonder why it matters. So many of your questions deal with borderline racial issues.

So as already stated pretty well by Fr_Chuck, it's personal preference.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 13, 2013, 07:57 AM
    I do honestly see a racist trend to his questions, or at least a ethnic issue.
    Did someone say the poster was Asian ? If so that may explain an obsession with light skin.
    Not that all do, but I have people put their arms up to mine, and at the spa, since my legs are not tanned, they put their arms or legs against mine and are amazed at how white I am.

If I have heard 白 (Bai) or translated white once I have heard it 100 times since I have been here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are Japanese Girls who travel to America liars and don't care about hurting people? [ 5 Answers ]

I've met Japanese girls in the bus etc. Even signed up for a program to meet Japanese ( Program offered in local college). And most of them say they want to meet, then perhaps we meet 1 time, and then they disappear and never answer mails or nothing. So it's over. The girls I met in the bus( in...

Black & White movie set in America black & white girls become friends on a beach [ 2 Answers ]

As far as I can remember, the girls become friends on a beach and the black girls mother goes to work for the white girls family. The black girl struggles with her relationship with her mother and wants to be treated like a white girl. Does anyone know what the name of this film is? And if I can...

Puppies as prizes in pageants :( [ 91 Answers ]

I'm very upset. I've started a thread before about the pageant shows on TV for little girls. I don't agree with pageants for children. To me it instils the belief that they're only as special as their looks that being pretty is the most important thing. But that's not the reason for this...

View more questions Search