Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GeorgeBorge Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2013, 10:11 PM
    How come they haven't tried to make Truly virtual games yet?
    I mean ones where you would put goggles on
    And then you would be inside a truly 3D virtual world. And you would meet characters etc and interact with them. And go to places etc.

That actually seems easy. It's just like doing a game like in WII or Xbox.
    The only thing they would have to do is create the expereince inside the goggles and then make it so that the user feels inside(with sound etc) and all the world reacting to his actions.

Seems quite easy . Why they don't do it?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 13, 2013, 08:06 AM
    It's probably not as easy as it sounds. It is also probably quite expensive to do this at this point in time.

There were plenty of movies and TV shows in the past that showed this sort of thing as fiction but I don't think our technology is there yet despite how it may look easy to do.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 13, 2013, 08:21 AM
    Hello George:

If you're a young man, I believe you'll see what is TRULY a virtual game during your lifetime. One that you wear a hood or visor ISN'T truly virtual.. Truly virtual would be when you turn on the game, the participants appear in your living room. They interact with YOU. You can TOUCH them, and they FEEL real. They can touch YOU and it feels real. Think holodeck on the Starship Enterprise.

I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

excon
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 13, 2013, 08:34 AM
    Do you have any experience in programming? What makes you think they haven't been working on it?

In Die Another Day (Bond movie) they show Bond going through a virtual training exercise. But this is fiction. It doesn't mean the technology exists. It is being worked on, I think by the end of this century, TVs will no longer exists but be replaced by holographic projectors. This is all tied together.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Games similar to virtual villagers [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have just played all 3 virtual villagers games and am hooked. Does anyone know if there are any other games similar with puzzle solving. Am so lost now I have played them lol

Are there any virtual driving games online ? [ 2 Answers ]

Like a proper 3d simulation game where you can just drive (not against the clock or racing) ?

Adding my Virtual XP machine to the domain on my virtual server issues! [ 20 Answers ]

OK. Here is the deal. As many of you may or may not have realized by now, I utilize the features of M$ VPC 2007. I currently have Windows Server 2003 installed and running. I have created a domain on this server and desiganted this VPC as the domain controller hence AD was installed. My domain name...

How to make online games [ 1 Answers ]

I was wandering how to make a free online game

View more questions Search