Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leeleechanda Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Jan 12, 2013, 06:42 PM
    Stabbing pain deep of my right ribcage
    Hi all.

I am a very active person. I train at the gym 5-7 times a week as well as doing kickboxing 5-7 times a week.

Just recently, I have started to get an intense stabbing pain in the muscle, starting from my ribcage, down to my right hip-bone whenever I run for long periods. The pain is much more intense than a "stitch" or a cramp, it actually feels like someone has stabbed me with a knife. I have to stop running immediately, and then go and sit or lie down, and the pain still doesn't go away until I have been lying down for longer than 15 minutes. Stretching the area doesn't help either, nor does massaging it.

The pain is gradually getting worse, and I can't run for as long as I used to. I would run for half an hour before the pain started. Now I can barely run for 10 minutes before the pain starts.
    Other exercise is fine so far. I know that running is the cause, but I don't want to stop. I can't stop. I need to run.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could do? My blackbelt grading in kickboxing is coming up, and I have to run 5km in less than half an hour as a pre-requisite to get my black belt.

Any help would be great.
    janedope Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2013, 04:48 PM
    Could be a kidney stone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Right upper back pain and right stabbing lung pain [ 1 Answers ]

For over a year now I have had stabbing right lung pain which usually comes and goes, but lately has been more prevalent. It sometimes stops me mid-sentence or makes me freeze in place for a minute or so. Now for the past month, my upper right back has been sore. I tried ibuprofrin, hot packs,...

Why do I have stabbing pain [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 23 year old female and recently I gained 10kg and my boobs went from a C cup to a DD it was pretty pain full, but last night I got this stabbing pain under my arm in line with my nipple on both sides it felt like some one was shoving a knife in my ribs, it lasted for about 10 seconds then...

Sharp pain bottom of my ribcage, and side.. [ 3 Answers ]

I was laying down with my husband and I had a sharp pain that lasted a couple seconds on my bottom right hand ribcage... also having like a sharp pain on both my sides.. anyone got any idea what this could be?

Sharp stabbing pain below left breast,above ribcage [ 6 Answers ]

Hello,I am a 28 yr old female with many health conditions. I have Ulcerative Colitis and Mulitple Sclerosis. I had my gall bladder removed two weeks ago because I have Bilary Discanasia(sp?),the gall bladder was working at 10 %. I also had an edometrial ablation done at that time,because of severe...

View more questions Search