Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jan 12, 2013, 05:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by merkmatt View Post
    in that form for tenant name of rental property that would be my name right?
    No. You are the landlord and the roommate is the tenant.
    merkmatt Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2013, 06:18 PM
    OK I printed it out and put there names in the tenant spot and left middle section blank.. made it 4 times just in case
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2013, 08:36 PM
    It might be also worthwhile to look at your own lease with your landlord and see if you are permitted under your lease to have additional people living with you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 13, 2013, 05:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknownuthin View Post
    It might be also worthwhile to look at your own lease with your landlord and see if you are permitted under your lease to have additional people living with you.
    From the OP:
    the landlord called me.. And asked if I had these people here. And he said he does not care. But its my problem... He does not want to get involved.. but said to handle the problem.

Jan 13, 2013, 04:20 PM
    OK so I gave it to them and I quote "when yall grow some balls i will respect this " I said OK he krinkled it up and threw it. Now what?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Jan 13, 2013, 04:41 PM
    ok so i gave it to them and i quote "when yall grow some balls i will respect this " i said ok he krinkled it up and threw it. now what?
    Now you wait. If they haven't moved out by the 31st day you file a lawsuit for eviction.

Jan 13, 2013, 04:54 PM
    Are landlord is different he collects money on the 22nd of the month if they don't pay. I can make this process go faster
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jan 13, 2013, 05:06 PM
    It doesn't matter when rent is collected, the time you must wait is 31days after the letter is delivered. They are not paying you rent so the rent you pay to the landlord has no bearing in this. The relationship is between you and the roommate tenant
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 13, 2013, 06:19 PM
    ok so i gave it to them and i quote "when yall grow some balls i will respect this " i said ok he krinkled it up and threw it. now what?
    We already told you. As Lisa repeated, on the 31st day, you go to housing court and file for an eviction.

If he isn't convinced you mean business, I would find your local housing court and see if they have brochures about the eviction process. Get a couple and leave them around the apt.

My answer to him would have been 'you will find out how serious I am if you are still here after 30 days'.

Jan 13, 2013, 06:28 PM
    The good part about it is I did this in front of some of my friends so they can bear witness.. and they saw and heard cause he came banging on my door about some movies he lent.. so when he did that I brought him the movies with the paper.. so I will continue to follow your advise on this matter and ty so much.. I am new to this kind of court process

Jan 13, 2013, 06:29 PM
    Ty scott lisa and balleng ty so much for your advice and support

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problems between roommates? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a huge problem with my roommate. We have a 3 bed apartment in Boston, MA. The official lease is under my name and my husband's name. Recently we allowed another person to share an apartment with us. He pays his rent carefully, every month, but he also creates very uncomfortable...

My boyfriend's new roommates [ 3 Answers ]

The last couple of guys I've dated both turned out to be real jackasses. But about 4 months ago I found myself a real winner. We have a mature relationship with a lot of love and honest communication. And not only is he cute as hell, but he treats me well too. He recently got a new job in the...

Roommates and boyfriends [ 3 Answers ]

I live in an apartment with two other girls. I have a boyfriend and they do not. He spends the night probably about 4-5 times a week. He is never there when I am not there, and does not shower, cook, or bother my roommates at all. The entire time he is at my apartment he is in my room. They have...

Being Evicted -- by my roommates! [ 1 Answers ]

I live in California. My roommates and I have been having difficulties. I don't cook or use the kitchen, and so don't clean it. The don't lock the doors. We annoy one another. And it isn't working. At the beginning of the month, one of my roommates switched rooms, so that she is not beside...

View more questions Search