Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ravengurl92 Posts: 301, Reputation: 6

Jan 12, 2013, 09:15 AM
    How can I get my clip on earrings to not hurt my ears?
    My parents won' t let me get pierced ears, so they got me a lot of really pretty clip on earrings for Christmas. The only problem is they hurt my ears. I want to wear them more often but not if they are going to kill my ears. Does anyone know how I can make them more comfortable? Thanks!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2013, 10:00 AM
    Have you tried foam padding - sold in stores.
    smkanand Posts: 602, Reputation: 56

Mar 13, 2013, 05:27 AM
    Why your parents not allowed, it's not bad or uncivilized unless you get every part of your body pierced. Talk to your parents, read about ear piercing, it's good. It does a kind of acupuncture which help many diseases , some related to throat and neck. Good luck.
    cutieepiee33 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2013, 07:11 AM
    1.Hold the earring you want to start with in a closed palm for about 20 seconds. Your body heat will warm the metal in the earring. This works the best with cheap earrings because the metal is usually softer.

2.Find the moving part of the earring, and locate where it is attached.

3.Holding it from there, very gently and slowly pull the moving part from the body of the earring, until the moving part of the clip holds itself a few millimeters away from the hoop that is supposed to come in contact with it when it is closed.

4.Repeat these steps with the second earring.

5.Put on your earrings as you would normally.

6.If it still hurts, repeat all of the previous steps, pulling the moving part farther away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Clip on earrings [ 3 Answers ]

How much money are the clip on earrings worth?

Will my daughters pierced ears close off if I leave the earrings out. [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter had her ears pierced 7 months ago. She has not worn earrings for about two month. The placement of the holes is a little off. I was hoping they would totally close and we could re pierce. It does not look like the holes are closing. Will they totally close if we give it more time.

Clip On Earrings [ 1 Answers ]

the marking on back is trifari..? They look like ivory but are pretty light in weight? I have a couple sets that has a "coro" stamp?? or does anyone know a good site where I can search this sort of thing? Find out more about jewelry stamps/markings? If something is of value ?

View more questions Search