Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2013, 08:21 AM
    Medicare Advantage Plan
    Here is a bit of a problem. Women signed up with Human Medicare Advantage Plan. Because she had a chronic condition the salesmen said she could be enrolled in November 2012 instead of waiting for the first of the year 2013.
    Just needed her doctor to send an authorization form acknowledging she had a chronic condition SNP Human Gold Plus Plan. But somehow the doctor's office
    Failed to send the form to Humana. And she was disenroll. The Human salesmen said he would have to write another policy to take affected Feb 1. She may run out of her medication by then. Of course she still has medicare. I wonder how much the generic would cost without Humana
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2013, 09:04 AM
    Will her Doctor write a generic prescription IF a generic is available?

The only way to know the cost of a medication is to call the Pharmacy and ask. Prices vary. Some pharmacies offer a discount to people who join their "prescription clubs." You would have to look into the details and cost.

(I trust you mean Humana.)
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2013, 09:10 AM
    Yes she pills ready to go. But temporary has no Humana. Insurance.Company
    I guess she will have to pay cash, even with Medicare. First time anything like this occurred in 9 years
    Only with Humana Thanks
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2013, 09:13 AM
    If it is clearly the Doctor's error has she approached the Doctor about the prescription costs, perhaps asked for samples to get her through until her insurance takes effect?
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2013, 10:00 AM
    That is an idea
    Uber Member

Jan 12, 2013, 10:04 AM
    My late husband was a Doctor of Pharmacy - I know and understand the options.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Best way to get medicare advantage lead [ 6 Answers ]

I have been selling mortgage protection insurance the last few years and doing well but the lead situation has really become slow. I was thinking of selling medicare advantage and final expense. What is the best way to get leads? Thanks

Medicare Advantage Plans [ 4 Answers ]

After Insurance company sent lists of participating cardiologist 20 names. All of them declared they do not take this insurance any longer and the provider lists were not valid any longer. .Had to get a Medicare person to intervene to finally found a doctor that takes the plan. Is this a...

Medicare Advantage Payment [ 1 Answers ]

Got a hospital bill for one day of service at the hospital, asking my help in getting my insurance carrier To pay $90,000.Incident was in May, and they told me it was overdue in July. But I suspect that the amount stated is before they negotiate. Isn't that the way they do it? Maybe Chuck knows?

Medicare Advantage Plans [ 1 Answers ]

I know medicare pays a bonus to advantage plans. Currently I pay nothing and even little extra like free gym. But when Obama Cuts their bonus/incentives, will the advantage plans give up there benefits to seniors. Medicare by itself does not pay much. But with the advantage the whole bill is...

Medicare Advantage [ 2 Answers ]

I have been in Financial Services for 18 years; everything from stocks and bonds to insurance and annuities. It appears many reps are making a lot of money on Medicare Advantage Plans these days. I can't nail down where to go to get good pre-set leads for this, especially on a part-time basis. Is...

View more questions Search