Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skyguy779 Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jan 12, 2013, 07:44 AM
    Am I a nerd? Or just a Dork?
    I am always going to my friend's house (who is a really big Lord of the Rings fan) and play Dungeons and Dragons (a role-playing game about medieval times)
    My friend says nerds play it, but I know nerds are supposed to be smart. But I don't really have awesome grades in math and stuff. Am I a nerd, or just a dork?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 12, 2013, 08:07 AM
    Oh please, you are whatever you feel you are, not what some 'friend' decrees far and wide across the land.
    I'll bet you are plenty smart if you play D & D. There are many kinds of smarts.
    I come from a time when nerds were automatically assumed to be dorks. It took nerd appreciators like me to change attitudes. I was an appreciator before it was fashionable.
    Don't worry what people say. I know that sounds trite but it's true!
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 12, 2013, 09:19 AM
    LOL... this is funny.

I'm a dork. Why? Because I like Batman. I like Science Fiction. I used to play Dungeons and Dragons. I have a small collection of tarantulas and can name them using their scientific names. I do all these "silly" things. Although I am fairly intelligent, I don't consider myself to be smart enough to fall into the nerd category so therefore I am just a dork.

Now two things about this that I want to tell you...
    1) Don't let this label affect you. If someone calls you this, so what? It really doesn't matter. You are who you are and don't let a silly label like this affect you in a negative way.
    2) I have found that there are many girls/women that actually like dorks. Now that is a positive way to look at it.
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Jan 12, 2013, 09:28 AM
    Epppp Odinn I am a dork/nerd as I am a gamer and a female at that. But I draw the line at spiders. So yes some girls love being with someone with the same interests as them. I am married to a dork/nerd as well and have been with him since 1991.
    I am thinking you are fairly intelligent as D&D takes some smarts to remember how to build an effective character (getting your feats, putting your points in the right slots, buying gear to maximize your character). Also remembering your powers and how to use them effectively in battle.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 12, 2013, 10:30 AM
    ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What's the movie with a nerd who gets the girl in the end [ 2 Answers ]

The nerd tricks the girl by dressing up as darth vader because her boyfriend is dressed up as darth vader, they are dressed up at carnival or fair. I think the nerds name in real life is rick moranis but I cannot find it on the web.

How do I get a nerd to like me? [ 7 Answers ]

He is philosophical, godly, and what have you... how embarrassing, lol. Welp, he's got the most amazing mind, he's not self-conscious, he's intellectually nerdy, yet social, he's not cute... he doesn't even notice me! He's the first guy I've really ever liked. I'm not necessarily dumb, but compared...

WHat do you buy the nerd that has everything ? [ 8 Answers ]

I so want one of these: Star Wars: Nikko R2-D2 DVD Projector Thirty years ago Star Wars blazed into our hearts and minds with the dream of far-away galaxies, heroes and technology so advanced we could imagine the future. Today, 30 years later, Nikko Home Electronics is proud to offer a real...

Dork and sunscreen [ 1 Answers ]

Save me! This movie is from the eighties/nineties... I think. The scene I'm thinking of is: This guy is at the beach laying out and someone spells Dork on his chest with sunscreen. He gets up and starts walking around and people start yelling dork! Throw me a bone. D.

View more questions Search