Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Claire58 Posts: 75, Reputation: 3

Jan 12, 2013, 12:47 AM
    Finding a suitable name for my makeup business
    I just recently decided to start a makeup/makeover business, where I render my services to brides, models, or people that just want a makeover. I already have a name I want to use but I don't want to put 'makeover' behind it ex. Kim's Makeover. Because it seems like every other makeover businness has that word behind their name. Is there something else that's creative that I could use? Because obviously the name can't stand alone. Thank you
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jan 12, 2013, 01:30 AM
    Some other words that come to mind -

Personal Image Consultant
    Cosmetic Application
    Glamour Service

Or don't have the type of service in the name. For example, there's a service profiled on a television series called "Glam Fairy" You can't steal that name of course, but it doesn't really say exactly she does.

I would do something like,

New You Personal Style (or whatever you name your business)

- Make-up consulting and application
    - Hair styling
    - Personal Shopping and clothing consultation

Available for:
    Weddings, bachelorette parties, proms or just call for a new every-day look!

Jan 12, 2013, 03:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknownuthin View Post
    Some other words that come to mind -

Personal Image Consultant
    Cosmetic Application
    Glamour Service

or don't have the type of service in the name. For example, there's a service profiled on a television series called "Glam Fairy" You can't steal that name of course, but it doesn't really say exactly she does.

I would do something like,

New You Personal Style (or whatever you name your business)

- Make-up consulting and application
    - Hair styling
    - Personal Shopping and clothing consultation

Available for:
    Weddings, bachelorette parties, proms or just call for a new every-day look!
    Thanks a lot! I will definitely try to work with some of your ideas.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 12, 2013, 06:47 AM
    You could play with the word 'transform' or 'transformation.' Maybe that could be the name all by itself, with a subtitle, 'a new you, by Claire.' I like the name Claire, which means clear in French, and sounds good for skin, eyes, a fresh look.

I wouldn't use a first name in the title, and not as a possessive.
    Paul Mitchell sounds so much better than Paul's Hair Products.
    Sounds too much like Joe's Used Cars down on the corner.

Jan 12, 2013, 07:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    You could play with the word 'transform' or 'transformation.' Maybe that could be the name all by itself, with a subtitle, 'a new you, by Claire.' I like the name Claire, which means clear in French, and sounds good for skin, eyes, a fresh look.

I wouldn't use a first name in the title, and not as a possessive.
    Paul Mitchell sounds so much better than Paul's Hair Products.
    Sounds too much like Joe's Used Cars down on the corner.
    Wow! Thanks Joypulv. I like the idea of using transformation. And the 'Claire' thing is pretty creative too.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 12, 2013, 07:27 AM
    Of course being found these days is all about searching the internet, so don't forget to use the usual words somewhere in your ads (makeover, etc).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Suggest business names for makeup artists for the deceased [ 0 Answers ]

I am looking for a classy, yet eye catching business name for hair, nails, and makeup artistry for the decesed

Finding Customers for a Service Business in Unusual or Unlikely Places [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, All! If we're self-employed in a service type of industry or maybe run one that has a number of employees where the service involves going to the homes or offices of people, it's a fact that we always have to "hit the streets" so to speak in order to get business, especially so in these...

Is job order costing suitable for cake bakery business [ 1 Answers ]

Is job order costing suitable for cake

Finding business partner /importer [ 2 Answers ]

Thank you for accepting me to your community. I want to export Ethiopian Textiles / pure cotton/ & Ethiopian Hand made woven Sholls and outfits. My Qwestion is : How do I contact someone of the same interest who wants to import those goods from Ethiopia? Thank you Sincerely yours Kokeb

View more questions Search