Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    daydreamer89 Posts: 34, Reputation: 3

Jan 11, 2013, 02:24 PM
    Two 90 day license suspensions?
    My father got a dui last year... and has been in compliance with courts. Over the summer he already went his 90 days without a license. Just recently he got another piece of mail. It looks like his license will be suspended.. but then the last sentence makes me think that it was voided out due to him already getting it over with...

It says:

On 1/18/13 at 12:01 a.m we will suspend your driving privilege for 90 days due to your conviction for driving under the influence of alcohol or any drug. We gave you 90 days credit for time you were already suspended/ revoked for the same offense. RCW 46.61.5055.

Thoughts?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 11, 2013, 03:14 PM
    To me it sounds like they're charging him with a 90 day suspension, but giving him credit for the 90 days he already served, which would mean he's done. But, to be on the safe side I would call and ask. You don't want to guess when it comes to this. If he drives and his license is still suspended, it will just lead to more trouble. Call and ask what this letter means, as it does seem a bit unclear.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jan 11, 2013, 05:31 PM
    The provision referred to (RCW 46.61.5055) may explain something - if you can possibly find it with all the cross-references!
    RCW 46.61.5055: Alcohol and drug violators

They obviously knew he had completed one 90 day suspension and one thing is clear in the letter, they will start a 90 day suspension on Jan. 18, 2013. If they do as they said they are going to do, and he drives after Jan. 17 and is stopped by an officer he will be charged for driving with a suspended license.

Is he certain it wasn't a 180 day suspension? Was there ever a letter documenting that the first 90 day suspension had been completed? On what date should that suspension have been completed?

Are you sure that your father has told you everything?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I get my license a day early? [ 3 Answers ]

Can I get my license a day before my 16th birthday and just not use it until the day of my birthday in the state of Iowa?

Can I exchange a non-reinstated Ontario license to a Quebec license? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello: I attempted to exchange my ON Class G license to QC. While doing so at SAAQ, I find out my ON license has been suspended due a speeding ticket, in ON, from 7 months ago. I went to ON's office to pay my speeding ticket and was told I needed to wait 4 business days for the suspension to be...

Day Care license [ 1 Answers ]

Where can I get my child care certificate online? I live in Texas if that matters. Thanks, MEagan

View more questions Search