Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gary838 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2013, 06:02 AM
    Vibrating Water Pipes occur on their own without a valve being turned on.
    The water pipe in my bathroom rattles randomly without a valve being turned on. The duration can be from fifteen to thirty seconds. I can turn the cold water tap on and the water pulses until I turn the tap on to a full flow. If I flush the commode it will stop, and if I turn the hot water on it will stop the vibrating but not as quickly as turning on the cold water. The house is six years old and built on a slab so main valve is located in the house near the tankless waterheater.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jan 11, 2013, 07:14 AM
    Next time you hear the noise remove the top to the toilet tank, reach in and lift the float. If the noise stops, you have a faulty fill valve and a leaking flush valve. Repair or replace the fill valve. Replace the flush valve.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 11, 2013, 10:02 AM
    In addition to Harolds check the water level in the tank, It should be n1/2 under the top of the white overflow tube when the fill tube shuts off. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pipes vibrating through walls when the upstairs shower is going; I have a PR Valve.. [ 2 Answers ]

I looked at the PRV today and noticed some white corrosion on the top, like corrosion on a car battery would have. Would this have anything to do with it? It started happening this fall when it got cold. The vibrating is in the wall of the room close to under where the main floor bathroom is....

Shower pipes make loud vibrating/humming noise with hot water turned on [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I had my basement renovated recently (this year) and now have a problem with the shower pipes making loud noises. When I turn on the hot water in the shower and let it run for approx 20-30 seconds, a loud noise emerges (reflects a fog horn). I can feel the vibration of the pipes. ...

Loud vibrating noise when water is turned off [ 0 Answers ]

About a week ago we started hearing a very loud humming/vibrating noise after almost every time we turn off the water or after the toilet is flushed? What is this, and what do we need to do? Do we need to just call a plumber? Thanks!

My bathroom pipes busted and I turned the valve off connected to my hot water heater [ 4 Answers ]

My bathroom pipes busted and there where no taps to turn off water so I turned the valve off connected to my hot water heater to stop the water flow, is this wise??

Vibrating water pipes [ 5 Answers ]

I recently replaced a leaking fill valve on one of my commodes. Every since then, whenever a water source is opened such as a faucet or toilete flush, the water pipes start vibrating and making a low pitch sound. If a second water source is turned on at the same time, the vibrating stops. My...

View more questions Search