Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carmineagle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2013, 03:28 AM
    Contraceptive failure and ECP
    I took Nordette as an ECP at approxiamtely 21 hrs of sex with contraceptive failure (29th day of my cylce). My cycle usually ranges from 28 days as shortest and 34 days as longest. It's my 32nd day now (3rd day since I took Nordette) and I still don't have my period. Could I be pregnant?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2013, 05:27 AM
    Nordette Official FDA information, side effects and uses.

The official FDA web site,
    This lists all of the side effects and possible issues using this drug, I hope you read the instructions on the package.

I can not say I found anywhere on the official drug web site or on the FDA web site where they recommend using this as a morning after pill.

But some other web sites do show taking 4 pills then another four pills

Nordette
    Take 4 light-orange pills within 120 hours after unprotected sex and 4 more light-orange pills 12 hours later. Each dose contains 0.6 mg of levonorgestrel and 120 µg of ethinyl estradiol.

Is this how you did it, took 8 pills total ?

But it is not 100 percent effective, so to answer your question, yes you could still be pregnant

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ecp, vagina bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

Last Friday night, I had sex for the first time, and it was unprotected and I was not on the pill. The next morning I took the Ecp pill and now I've started bleeding really heavily with a sore stomach(the same feeling as period pains), But my period also finished last Friday afternoon and shouldn't...

Nordette as ecp [ 0 Answers ]

Hi can I ask question here also? I had irregular mentruation.sometimes not 28 days cycle but simetimes yes.. usually my perioad come 15,16,0r 17 mid of the month or sometimes end of the months, my last period starts oct 25, then I had unprotected sex "nov. 17" around 1pm, my boyfriend then told me...

Spotting after ecp [ 1 Answers ]

Before 13 days I took ecp tablet.in first 5 days there was heavy bleeding .but even now there is spotting.just tell me is any thing dangerous.or should I go to doctor.because tadays I'm feeling very tired and dizziness and from yesterday I ve fever

Use of ECP Tablets [ 0 Answers ]

I would like to ask you that if a girl is about to have her periods and she has a doubt that she is getting pregnant also, so if she can take a tablets of Emergency Contraceptive Pills(ECP) before 72 hours, then will it affect on her periods which she is expecting anytime? Actually, we did not...

View more questions Search