Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ebonylove Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2013, 01:13 AM
    Conception
    I had my fisrt ultrasound at 13 weeks 3 days and it dated my due date to be June 2 2013. Based on my lmp my due date is June 7th my last period was August 31 or sept 1st. The problem is I slept with a guy August 24th or 25th and slept with another guy everyday after my period who's the father of my baby
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 11, 2013, 01:15 AM
    Dating is all Best Guess, so if there is an uncertainty surrounding paternity then a DNA test will be the ONLY surefire method of discovery.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 11, 2013, 01:18 AM
    I'm sorry you put yourself into this situation Ebony, but the only way to know who the father of the child is is to have them both take a paternity test.

Jan 11, 2013, 01:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Dating is all Best Guess, so if there is an uncertainty surrounding paternity then a DNA test will be the ONLY surefire method of discovery.
    Getting a paternity test is the obvious but I just wanted some relief now so I want stress so much during my pregnancy I will hope it's the second guy
    Expert

Jan 11, 2013, 01:25 AM
    I understand wanting some relief, but unfortunately there is no way to tell one way or the other until the test is done.

Jan 11, 2013, 01:30 AM
    Had my fisrt ultrasound at 13 weeks 3 days and it dated my due date to be June 2 2013. Based on my lmp my due date is June 7th my last period was August 31 or sept 1st. The problem is I slept with one guy August 24th or 25th and another guy after my period and weeks after did I get pregnant after my lmp and please only answers that will help me through my crisisis I alrdeady know about paternity testing so I don't need insight about that thanks in advance
    Expert

Jan 11, 2013, 01:37 AM
    Ebony, I deliver babies for a living. I can tell you that dating is nothing more than an estimate. Your dates can vary from 2 weeks before the actual due date, to 2 weeks after.

Dating is really no more than the law of averages.

I really wish I could give you more hope than that, but as a medical professional, that's all the hope I can give.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 11, 2013, 05:31 AM
    By the dates given, it can easily be either guy, The sex was just too close together and the dating, just too near either set.

So there is just no way to know, no good guess,

So you will have to, even if you want one over the other badly, just do a DNA test to make sure when the child is born

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Conception [ 3 Answers ]

I had intercourse with a guy on the 6th of June... Then I had my cycle on the 18th.. Then me and my boyfriend got back together on the 29th.. I found out I was pregnant when I missed my cycle in the middle if July! The due date giving to me was march 25 2013 based on my LMP.. Then I went for an...

Conception [ 2 Answers ]

We had a scan on the 23rd of Oct and baby measured 43.2 mm. We were told 11w 4d. This dates to 17 Aug 2012 for average ovulation with preceding days being fertility days. I was across the country from 6 Aug to 23 Aug. How accurate is the test? Measurement taken several times. Afraid its not mine....

Conception [ 12 Answers ]

I got married last year i.e on April 2011 and I do had regular sex but still now no conception. May I know the reason?

Conception [ 4 Answers ]

My last period was on the 28/10/2011 my gp say's I'm 7 weeks pregnant now,but how could that be if I ovulated around the 10th nov, last week on the12th dec I had a scan and I was told that I'm 5 weeks yet I don't understand how could that be according to the ovulation date

Conception [ 2 Answers ]

I had sex August 10th & my period came on August 28th. I had sex on September 11th & I didn't receive a period for that month. Wouldn't it be the second guy September 11th?

View more questions Search